Bid Manager (Amey Consulting – Highways) Ref: AM11457
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To lead individual Consulting Highways bids acting as the focal point for all quality and financial deliverables. Develop the bid strategy and manage the communication protocol with all internal and external stakeholders. Contribute to the development of bidding competencies in operational staff and act as coach/mentor for Bid Project Managers and Business Leads who are managing business-led bids.
Bids may be standalone Amey opportunities or working with strategic partners delivered as a joint venture or consortium. Bid stages to support include Expressions of Interest, PQQ and ITT/ITN as well as closedown and handover to the delivery team.
What will this role involve?
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Lead the bid process for individual bids.
- Develop the bid strategy with individual Business or Account Directors.
- Manage the bid programme ensuring that all activities are progressed on time to meet the submission date.
- Lead and manage the development of high quality written and costed bid deliverables in line with the agreed bid strategy.
- Facilitate the development of the operational solution together with the commercial and pricing strategy to ensure and maintain continual improvement and competitive advantage.
- Set up and manage communication and document protocols for each bid.
- Maintain client liaison ensuring effective dialogue and prompt response to clarifications.
- Prepare papers for internal approval in line with Amey governance.
- Prepare and manage the bid budget.
- Drive the risk and opportunities process.
- Keep bidding tools such as the pipeline database up-to-date and contribute to bid reports as required.
- Contribute to the development of bidding competencies in operational staff and act as coach/mentor for Bid Project Managers and Business Leads who are managing business-led bids.
- Participate in document reviews and assist in the consolidation of feedback.
- Provide cover for other Bid Managers.
- Provide input and facilitation support for bid workshops.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of the bid process in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of public (and private) sector bid requirements, experience of working with Highways England and Local Authorities would be a great advantage.
- Experience of keeping track of multiple, complex, time-phased activities.
- Excellent time management and prioritization.
- Understanding of commercial requirements including cost planning, estimating and balancing risk with reward.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Able to embrace change and drive continual improvement.
- Desire to see job through from start to finish.
- Able to leverage business unit strengths through networking.
- Team player, keen to help others to achieve.
What makes this role unique?
- You will be part of the CRBT, the team set up in Consulting & Rail to drive bidding best practice and professionalism across the business – C&R is a major growth engine for Amey.
- Our bidding community extends beyond the CRBT – you will have the opportunity to use your knowledge of best practice in bidding to coach and mentor the wider bidding community in how to deliver winning bids.
- You will be surrounded by like-minded professionals and have the opportunity to develop your career in bidding in a structured environment, with talent management and succession planning built in.
- You will have the chance to work on a wide variety of bids across a range of disciplines.
Publicada el 31-10-2019
Área funcional: Compras
Oxford, Sudeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent