Bid Project Manager Ref: AM10807
An opportunity exists for a Bid Project Manager to join our FMDJ business unit on a 12 month fixed term contract
An opportunity exists for an experienced Bid Project Manager to join our sales function within Amey’s FMDJ (Facilities Maintenance, Defence and Justice) business unit. In this critical fixed term role, you will provide pivotal support to the Bid Manager and wider team on a variety of bids across the function.
Bids may cover a range of FMDJ capabilities including: infrastructure and asset management, facilities management, and complex support services. Bids may be standalone Amey opportunities or working with strategic partners delivered as a joint venture or consortium. Bids will vary in duration, size and complexity: from a few weeks for a Framework Bid, through to multi-stage 18 month long Negotiated processes, with contract values anything from £5mpa through to £150mpa. Bid stages to support include Soft Market Tests (working with Business Development colleagues), Expressions of Interest, PQQ, ITT/ITN, ISOS/ISDS, BAFO as well as closedown and handover to the mobilisation/delivery team.
- Work on bids under the guidance of a Bid Director, Principal Bid Manager or Bid Manager, supporting all activities required through to completion.
- Manage and deliver agreed workstreams or packages of work.
- Set up and manage the bid platform/site/folders to be consistent, well laid out and easy to navigate (e.g. in SharePoint).
- Be fully familiar with the client bid portal to include timely downloading of client documents, tender amendments and clarifications, and uploading of our submissions and clarification questions/responses.
- Manage the meeting calendar, setting up meetings as required by the bid programme.
- Analyse client requirements including compliance and scoring.
- Help to identify win themes and story boarding to shape the content of responses.
- Set up and manage the schedule of deliverables
- Liaise with Work Winning Services to procure timely bid writing/proposals and graphics support for designated bids, and manage the submission production process.
- Ensure knowledge management is promoted in the team and knowledge tools are updated, reviewed and used efficiently and effectively.
- Provide cover for Bid Manager and Bid Coordinators.
What are we looking for?
This role would suit a proactive and organised individual with demonstrable experience of successful bidding, ideally within the FMDJ space. You should also have good project management skills that can easily fit within the sales and bidding function.
The team you are joining is busy and lively who can both follow process and adapt flexibly where required. Fundamentally we’re looking for an individual that feels they comfortably fit the following criteria:
- Thorough in approach, diligent, with keen attention to detail.
- Deadline and process oriented.
- Well organised with the capacity to take on a wide variety of tasks.
- Strong time and project management skills with ability to prioritise.
- Good interpersonal skills with confidence to challenge and escalate issues through appropriate channels.
- Willingness to tap into wider business knowledge and experience through networking.
- Team player, keen to help others to achieve.
- Confident to lead the coordination of the bid and work with bid team members from across the business function.
- Experience of the bid process.
- Development of knowledge libraries and document management systems
- Creative, with an enquiring mind.
Though this role is likely to be based from Birmingham the successful applicant should be able to travel to our Oxford, Birmingham and London offices as well as other ad hoc locations, as required.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Publicada el 10-09-2019
Área funcional: Compras
Oxford, Midlands, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent