Bridge Electrician (Broward County) – Pompano Beach, FL Ref: USA00458
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Responsible for maintenance and repairs of all structures including movable bridges, fixed bridges, culverts, overhead sign structures, high mast lighting and bridge fender systems in accordance with standards and conditions specified in the DOT contract and as directed by the supervisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates & participates in the electrical maintenance & repair of movable bridges, roadway lightings and tunnel facilities.
- Installs, maintains and repairs wiring, electrical circuits, switches, relays, resistors, contactors, lighting, motors, generators, surge arrestors, breaker, fuses, PCL, control circuits, drives, and related mechanical & hydraulic equipment.
- Trouble shoots and repairs bridge malfunctions.
- Performs routine bridge maintenance including, cleaning contacts, lamp replacement, limit switch, adjustment/ replacement and keeping the bridge electrical systems organized and properly working.
- Perform routine maintenance and service Air Condition Units.
- Perform monthly Amperage and Megger Ohm reading on electrical motors. Maintains bridge street, navigational, traffic signal & advanced warning lighting.
- Respond 24-hour a day 365 days per year for after hour emergency calls necessitated by accidents or bridge Coordinates after hour emergency repairs with supervisor.
- Performs scheduled maintenance of bridge components to ensure continuous bridge operations. Maintains span locks and traffic gates.
- Completes monthly maintenance logs and reports.
- Assists Professional Engineers in their annual inspection of the movable bridge electrical & mechanical systems.
Skills & experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiple, divide, calculate proportions, percentages, and measurements).
- Ability to understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Journeyman Electrician license required
- Experience reading movable bridge electrical plans/ blueprints/ schematic drawings
- Demonstrated knowledge of structures maintenance. They must practice safe work methods to remain accident and injury free.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
Ability to work from bucket trucks & lift equipment.
Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Ability to climb stairs and ladders on a regular basis
You must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 16-05-2019
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Pompano Beach, Florida, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido