Civil Engineer Ref: AM12552
What will this role involve?
As a Civil Engineer within our Staffordshire Design hub, you will provide key support on projects across our portfolio. You will proactively deliver designs as per project requirements ensuring client requirements are met. You will support in the delivery, management and financial control of projects to ensure robust and effective delivery across a broad range of multi-disciplinary civil engineering projects for both Public and Private sector clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Principal/Senior Civil Engineer
- You will be responsible for delivering to relevant technical standards
- You will support the delivery of project outcomes on time, within budget and to a high-quality standard
- You will coach Assistant Engineers, Graduates and Technicians sharing your knowledge to support the growth of the team
- You will continue to progress your professional development
- Carry out site visits and surveys and inspections as appropriate
- Support site schemes as required/available to gain exposure to construction projects to broaden your experience
Who are we?
Our partnership with Staffordshire County Council was established in 2014, and is a £1bn pound initiative to help deliver sustainable economic growth to the region. Our 70-person strong Staffordshire Design Hub (SDH) leads on a full spectrum of infrastructure work and transport planning for the council and private clients (locally and nationally), while also playing a leading national role in asset management.
One of our biggest successes to date has been our support of Staffordshire’s economy through our ‘Red Carpet’ process. This initiative shows the Partnership at its best with
planners, designers, project managers and constructors all pulling together irrespective of their employing organisation to make Staffordshire a place where developers find it easy to do business.
Our recent key projects include:
- Mill Green Outlet Village, off-site infrastructure construction and management £12m+
- Stafford Western Access Road £35m
- I54 Extension £3m
- Lichfield Southern Bypass £12m
- A fully committed and exciting core capital programme of work £5m per annum
- Bridge replacement schemes for National Rail
- Annual maintenance of carriageways and structures across Staffordshire
What are we looking for?
- Civil Engineering degree or HNC/D and experience?
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages
- Demonstrable experience in Highway design
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- IOSH managing safety
- Environmental and CDM2015 Knowledge and experience awareness Tool Box talk
What are we looking for?
Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages Demonstrable experience in Highway Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines Good communication skills dealing with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public Client focused approach to service delivery IOSH managing safety IOSH working safely Environmental awareness Tool Box talk Environmental awareness for managers
Publicada el 09-01-2020
Área funcional: Consultoría
Stoke On Trent, Midlands del Oeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent