Civil Engineer Ref: AM10297
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Principal Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of Civil design, leading a dedicated Civil design engineering team. In addition, they will manage the Civil and Structural elements of a complete project.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
A typical week would involve:
• Engaging in CDM/CSM/risk analyses
• Preparing design and assessment reports to a level that complies with NR, RSSB and British standards
• Deputising for the CRE as required
• Keeping up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards
• Preparing sketch mark ups for team cad technicians
We want to hear from you if:
• You have a Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or IEng
• You have completed the UK Spec / Engineering Council objectives for CEng / IEng status (or equivalent) and/or appropriate level of experience in a relevant area, confirmed using the authority to work process
• You can demonstrate a good understanding of the design process and possess the ability to independently undertake design and assessment work for Civil and Structural designs
• You have the ability to use the design software in the discipline including AutoCAD and Microstation and a basic understanding of BIM
• You can understand the interfaces between civil engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed.
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
Publicada el 05-09-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Swindon, Sudoeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent