Degree Apprenticeship: Rail Ref: AM11333
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
We have got an exciting new opportunity here at Amey Consulting. We have partnered with Sheffield Hallam University to offer a ground-breaking rail degree apprentice programme to gain a bespoke rail engineering degree whilst working in a successful business throughout your programme. You can grow your career in almost any railway engineering discipline by choosing a degree pathway in either:
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Track & Civil Engineering
Year one of the programme is common on both pathways and then from year two onwards you will follow in your specified Engineering discipline. You will be supported and mentored throughout the programme and will see your career thrive within our diverse and dynamic business.
What will you get?
- A fully funded Railway Engineering B.Eng degree course at Sheffield Hallam University backed by on the job vocational training in one of our professional design offices across England
- A structured development path leading to a professional engineering position on completion of the programme
- A competitive starting salary rising in line with your progress and achievements
- An opportunity to work on real life engineering problems through your work experience on live railway projects from day one
- A mentor to support you through your study to becoming a professional Engineer
- Geographically flexible – The role will include occasional travel within the UK, mainly to Sheffield for study blocks.
- Passion for developing your skills both professional and personally
- UCAS points (112) This must include at least 64 points from two A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications including a Mathematics based subject AND at least one other relevant subject – Physics, Physical Science, Engineering Science, Computer Science, Chemistry, other Science/Technology subject
- GCSE – English Language at grade C or 4 & Maths at grade C or 4
Publicada el 28-09-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Sudoeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Apprenticeship