Engineering Manager (DPE/CEM) Ref: AM09637
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To manage and develop the design teams within the relevant business area, supporting contracts and projects across Amey, and to achieve targets and project objectives in respect of growth and staff utilisation.
What will this role involve?
- Provide engineering leadership for work packages within an overall programme of works.
- Develop and maintains strong engineering relationships with the client.
- Responsible for managing and integrating the engineering resources to support the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary design and implementation work packages, to programme and to the required quality.
- Responsible for implementing the engineering strategy for the programme and providing technical support to the Infrastructure Services Director, supporting on inter-disciplinary engineering management issues, and ensuring compliance with Amey EM procedures.
What are the responsibilities?
- Ensure that staff are competent and, where necessary, licenced to undertake the level of engineering required on the programme, including discipline specific Responsible Engineers (REs)
- Recruit, train and mentor staff within their area of professional excellence to meet the competency requirements identified by the Technical Directors
- Ensure that the work package has defined competency requirements
- Lead on the Engineering management of individual multi-disciplinary work packages within the programme
- Monitor and ensure continuous improvement of the performance of REs within the programme
- Lead on innovation and promotion of best practice
- Work with the Programme Engineering Manager to plan and grow the level of engineering resource necessary to support the programme, including identifying and assessing key suppliers
- Liaise with the Programme/Project Managers ensure that resource requirements are understood and can be met by the team or external supply chain.
- Support Recruitment and Retention Strategies.
Client Relationship Management
- Continuously engage with the technical areas of our clients’ business to get feedback on our technical delivery and capability within the programme
Technical Excellence & Continuous Improvement
- Work with the Regional Engineering Directors, Discipline Leads, and other Managers across Amey, to develop and implement continuous improvement on multidisciplinary projects
- Report on technical aspects of the programme in line with business objectives
What qualification would make a suitable candidate?
- Accredited ICE Supervising Civil Engineer or equivalent in other professional institution(s).
- Diploma in management or proven successful track record in general management
- Full Driving Licence – some travel and work away from home may be required
- BSc/BEng, or MSc/MEng
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
You will support the Associate Director and other Amey senior managers to promote the wider Amey business and help
Publicada el 07-08-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Cardiff, Gales, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent