Ferrovial Construcción UK
Publicado el 9 de agosto, 2022
London, Londres, Reino Unido
Seguridad y Salud
The Tideway Project
River Thames is at the heart of London, but in recent years it has been largely overlooked. Tideway wants to change that. We are recruiting talented people to help us deliver our ambition of re-invigorating a much under-used social, environmental and economic asset.
Ferrovial Construction and Laing O’Rourke’s Joint Venture -FLO, is delivering the central section of a new 25-kilometre tunnel. Wide enough to fit three double decker buses side-by-side, the tunnel aims to protect the tidal River Thames from the tens of millions of tonnes of sewage pollution that is currently discharged into it each year. Through intercepting overflow points built into the capital’s overstretched, Victorian sewerage network, Tideway will take all overflow directly to the sewage treatment works in Beckton, east London. The Tunnel is among the largest construction projects of its type. Main construction work began in 2016 and is due for completion by 2024. One of our tunnel boring machines has completed its journey going west, while the other is making significant progress going east.
Not only is this an engineering project, but a vital means of creating a London that can meet the needs of generations to come. At Tideway we are committed to leaving a legacy.
The main responsibility of an Environmental Advisor is ensuring that projects comply with environmental regulations and targets by addressing issues such as air quality, land and water contamination, waste management and environmental impact. Other duties of an environmental advisor may include:
• Production and review of Environmental Management Plans and other required documentation such as technical notes
• Liaise and communicate with internal and site teams, subcontractors, stakeholders on environmental matters
• Provide environmental advice with regard to design, legal compliance and construction to the team and subcontractors
• Attend client and subcontractor meetings, prepare sustainability reporting
• Provide environmental assurance role including regular site inspections and ensuring that works meet legal and project requirements and standards and keep up to date with the most recent changes in environmental law
• Provide advice, support and assistance to all project personnel to enable them to manage their environmental and sustainable responsibilities
• Support the development of measurement systems to ensure that environmental performance is accurately monitored
• Identify possible operational risks or opportunities and work with central HSQE Team to ensure an appropriate and effective response
• Ensure all environmental documentation is present and correct to conform to current legislation
• Interpret data and writing detailed reports and manage environmental data to support delivery
• Promote and supporting the achievement of environmental objectives
Experience and Qualifications
• BSc / MSc in an Environmental Science or relative
• Minimum2 years’ experience in an environmental role within the construction sector.
• CSCS card.
• Management of programs of environmental deliverables
• Experience in the planning process and dealing with local authorities
• Experience of environmental and sustainability data reporting
• Experience in taking geoenvironmental samples, arranging analytical testing, interpretation of analytical results
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Crear alerta de empleo personalizada
Recibe emails con ofertas que cumplan tus preferencias
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo
Crear alerta personalizada
Los campos marcados con un asterisco son obligatorios *
Te hemos enviado un correo electrónico de confirmaciónFinalizar
Algo ha ido mal. Inténtalo más tarde.Inténtalo otra vez