Equipment Operator – Greater Orlando Area Ref: USA00548
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Load equipment and tow to job site locations. Maintain contracted assets (roadways, medians, signs, guardrails, fences, bridges, tunnels, vegetation, etc.) per standards and conditions specified in the contract.
* Please Read! This posting represents a potential future project for our organization and is therefore seeking individuals for potential employment contingent upon the outcome. Should this project be granted to the organization, you will be contacted to discuss the opportunity further into a potential offer of employment.
Please be aware that your application submittal is your acknowledgement that your name, resume and qualifications could be selected as part of our company’s bid proposal documentation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain and repair highway and other surfaces including signs, guardrails, fence, lighting, potholes, striping, adding or replacing reflectors, litter and debris removal
· Maintain sweeping plan and operate vehicles and equipment to as required to facilitate said plan. Assist in maintenance of sweeping equipment to ensure continuous use.
· Operate vehicles and equipment as required: for surface and right-of-way maintenance and repair; repair/maintenance of slopes, berms, culverts, drains, etc.; to control vegetation appearance and growth.
· Traffic control setup and removal
· Transport crew and equipment to work sites
· Required to be available for emergency response rotations as needed for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Effectively communicate (in English); both orally and in writing with co-workers and supervisor.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
· Understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Capability of working in an environment in which demands and priorities change rapidly.
· Knowledge of hand and power tools, traffic control devices and mobile equipment such as tractors, graders, mowers, sweepers, augers and other types of equipment used for surface and right of way maintenance and repair.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience in construction, road maintenance, commercial/industrial repair, maintenance or landscaping
- Valid CDL Class B driver’s license.
- Tanker Endorsement (i.e. CDL Tanker)
- Successful completion of training in traffic control methods, first aid, WHMIS and job-related aspects of Occupational Health.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
- This position requires a highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability. Ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident. Ability to communicate with co-workers, safety instructions. Ability to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment. Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fume or airborne particles. Frequent exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, frequent exposure to insects and infrequent exposure to reptiles/rodents, the noise level in the work environment usually moderate but on occasion can be more than moderate.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Orlando, Florida, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido