Estimator – Turnaround and Construction *EV* – La Porte, TX Ref: USA00158
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Estimator analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for civil, mechanical, piping and/or turnaround projects, related to Oil & Gas refinery and petrochemical plant works.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Work Scope clarity.
- Enable development and submission of Proposals (binding and budgetary estimates).
- Provide a tool for procuring information, manpower, materials and equipment that will be needed for unit maintenance, turnarounds, and projects execution (civil, mechanical and small-capital projects).
- Provide a tool for communicating the daily tasks to be performed during the execution phase.
- Provide a tool for tracking progress, productivity, and cost during the execution.
- Facilitates generation of Cost and Work progress reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform quantity takeoffs from drawings
- Develop detailed cost estimates for direct and indirect labor using standard unit rates or other techniques
- Develop work packages for subcontractor estimates
- Identify the critical path, enter, and sequence job steps logically in the scheduling program
- Schedule plan in such a manner that manpower is sufficiently leveled without pushing the critical path (enter ties and early restraints).
- Develop a manpower graph that represents all manpower required by resource and shift
- Prepare Daily Reports.
- Provide General Foreperson with recommendations on execution strategy and manpower adjustments
- Review ,track, and estimate all additional work requests
- Archive by preparing final reports and updating historical files with actual data from the execution of the work scope
- Prepare final reports
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of SAP and ADP
- Able to take direction and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Must have 5+ years working in Construction (large or small-cap)/Mechanical and Piping sectors specifically for oil and gas and/or petrochemical projects.
- Experience in Construction/Maintenance or Turnaround works in the oil and gas or petrochemical sector.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience working with scheduling cost controls and/or planning software packages.
- Detailed experience in estimation programs/techniques for oil and gas and/or petrochemical projects including but not limited to unit price-based estimation, hard dollar and/or BOM/BOQ estimation
Work Conditions& Equipment
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Pasadena, Texas, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido