Highways Maintenance Operative 9.70 – 11.40 GBP Ref: AM11152
HGV license needed!
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
To join a successful team in all aspects of Maintenance Work on the Scottish Trunk Road South East Network (Motorway and High Speed Roads).
Highway Maintenance works include Drainage, Traffic Management, Minor Civils, Sign Works, Fencing and Road Patching.
What will this role involve?
- Maintain High Standards
- Drive/Operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (e.g. oil and water checks) and cleaning
- Undertake all aspects of Highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities
- Winter Maintenance Operations (Standby)
- 2 Weeks Days and 2 Weeks Nights rotating shift pattern (enhanced Night and Weekend Rates)
- Take responsibility for the Safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
- 24 Days Holiday + 6 Floating Bank Holidays
What are we looking for?
- HGV Class 2 Minimum with CPC Card (Mandatory)
- Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of delivering solutions
- Good communication skills
- Medicals – Good health and sickness record
- References available on request.
- Professional Drivers need not apply
- Various Traffic Management Experience (12AB/12D)
- Civils Background
What makes this role unique?
You will be working in the Operations Team, with the responsibility to maintain Scotlands Central Belt High Speed Trunk Road Network, in a Unique and Challenging Environment.
We supply the tools/training to develop New starts, your input will further your progression. We are keen to develop and promote within the company, continuing our path to Target Zero, with a Skilled and Competent workforce.
Publicada el 23-09-2019
Área funcional: Ingeniería
Linlithgow, Escocia, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent