Incident Response Technician – Peel Halton/York, Ontario, Canada Ref: USA00376
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Responsible for responding to incidents on provincial highways. Incidents include traffic accidents, spills, and emergency situations which affect the highway and the safety of the travelling public, and other emergency situations within the right of way which affect the highway. Required to assist provincial and local police and emergency response services in incidents and accidents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Please note – in order to support our road maintenance services, this role may be assigned to operations of equipment for winter or summer operations as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a primary liaison between provincial and local police, fire and various emergency responders during incident management
- Communicate with the Ministry of Transportation Traffic Operations Centre by 2-way radio and telephone to provide information and updates pertaining to incidents.
- Responsible for completing incident Reports
- Coordinate detour routes in the event of an asset (system or road) closure
- Conduct follow through investigation on all fatalities to determine if facilities contributed to the accident. (Confirm that all signs were properly posted, etc.)
- Track and maintain files on all major incidents and accidents involving assets, personnel and equipment within contract limitation.
- Assist with the administration of third party claims by gathering documentation, paperwork and other relevant information.
- Coordinate special events involving traffic control, detours and/or closures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with federal, provincial and local legal requirements.
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to manage workload independently, prioritize demands and problem solve effectively.
- Knowledge base consistent with emergency response management principles, Primary skills include effective communication, assessment, follow-through, decision making and independent judgement.
- Proficient computer skills
- Position requires a highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability.
- Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- You must be able to communicate with co-workers, understand and follow verbal and written safety instructions.
- Must be able to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
- Comply with Ferrovial Service’s Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Health, Safety and Environment management systems, including statutory obligations
- Consistently deliver excellent Risk and HSEQ results
- Drives for zero harm and relentlessly pursues safety
- Acts as a role model for a positive HSE culture in the workplace; encourage people managers and team leaders in his/her business unit to do the same
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma – required
- Minimum of 2 + years’ work experience in highway maintenance operations, freeway traffic control and incidents/accidents management.
- Valid Class DZ driver’s license is required with a good driving record to drive company vehicle.
- OTM BOOK 7 certification required
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fume or airborne particles. Frequent exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, frequent exposure to insects and infrequent exposure to reptiles/rodents. The noise level in the work environment usually moderate but on occasion can more than moderate.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido