Landscape Technician / Operator *EV* – Kanata, Ontario, Canada Ref: USA00557
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Assist in maintaining the landscapes of our clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Basic landscape maintenance such as operation and maintenance of zero-turn mowers and tractor mower equipment, line trimming and pruning and cutting when required.
- Litter control in designated areas.
- Basic maintenance and repair of mowing equipment and attachments.
- Basic small gas tool maintenance of replacement of air filters, blades, cleaning carburetors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and understand plans, material lists, guidelines and meet timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class DZ driver license (or ability to obtain by October 01, 2019) and a good driving record are required to drive a company vehicle.
- Minimum 1-year related experience preferred.
- Experience in highway traffic conditions and traffic control procedures. OTM BOOK 7 certification is preferred.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
- Capable of working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Working adjacent to high traffic volume highways
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs
- Required to be available for emergency response rotations as needed for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Winter duties will include general highway maintenance duties and operation of highway snow plowing equipment to support winter maintenance operations, other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Tipo de contrato: Temporal