Large Machine Mowing Operator – Fernandina Beach, FL Ref: USA00579
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
This position assists in turf management for our clients with professional level quality mowing, maintenance & upkeep
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Turf maintenance such as large machine, slope and small machine mowing, via the use of heavy equipment/mowing machinery.
- Upkeep and care of large, intermediate and small tractor/mowing equipment to include routine PM maintenance cycles, cleaning, lubrication and sharpening of mower blades.
- Basic small gas tool maintenance of replacement of air filters, blades, cleaning carburetors.
- Recognize and report damaged turf or other assets within the roadway and roadside system.
- Other turf management duties as required, such as herbicide sprayer application, small mower utilization, trimmer applications, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and understand plans, material lists, guidelines and meet timelines
- Ability to navigate large tractor machinery around obstacles without damage to the obstacle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with large commercial size / heavy equipment machinery highly preferred. Large mowing machinery a plus.
- Valid driver license and a good driving record are required to drive a company vehicle.
- Minimum 1 year related experience
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
- Capable of working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs
- Required to be available for emergency response rotations as need for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Fernandina Beach, Florida, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido