Lead Landscape Technician *EV* – Kissimmee, FL Ref: USA00589
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Perform landscape and maintenance activities to ensure all work is performed in coordination with standards and conditions specified in the contract and as directed by the supervisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with supervisor to assist with the planned maintenance scheduling and forecast of maintenance programs.
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to back hoes, bobcats, dingos, tillers, sod cutters, weed eaters, plant augers, chain saws and drills.
- Controls vegetation appearance and growth through use of lawn mowing equipment, hand or power trimmers, and chemical sprayers and other methods.
- Performs other duties as required
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with co-workers and supervisor.
- Ability to consistently follow company and safety policies and procedures. Landscape technicians should be able to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply divide, calculate proportions, percentages, measurements).
- Ability to understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Familiarity with hand tools and power equipment preferred.
- Capable of working in an environment in which demands and priorities change rapidly.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers’ safety instructions.
- Ability to lead a crew
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
- 1+ year work of related work experience.
- Previous experience leading a crew
- Valid driver’s license required and a good driving record to drive company vehicle. (Required)
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
- Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
- Required to be available for emergency response rotations as need for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Kissimmee, Florida, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido