Maintenance Manager, Bridges – Pompano Beach, FL Ref: USA00425
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Leads teams and maintenance operations, to identify or verify required bridge maintenance work. Plans, coordinates, participates, and provide oversight of electrical and mechanical repairs on movable bridges, including roadway lightings and tunnel facilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Operations Manager to determine the best approach (self-performance or sub-contract) for bringing assets into contract compliance considering cost, timelines and efficiency. Plans and coordinates work plan schedules. Act as a communication link between the Operations Manager and personnel.
- Responsible for the selection, development and performance management of bridge maintenance supervisors.
- Responsible for training supervisors in electrical and mechanical maintenance for both routine and non-routine maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of installation, maintenance and repairs of the following: wiring, electrical circuits, switches, relays, resistors, contactors, lighting, motors, generators, surge arrestors, breakers, fuses, PCLs, control circuits, drives, and related mechanical & hydraulic equipment.
- Track preventative maintenance schedules to ensure compliance and provide quality control of supervisors.
- Responsible for inputting lane closure request into the Department’s Lane Closure Information System (LCIS).
- Assists and monitors routine work plan activities such as traffic control and maintenance work.
- Monitors daily work activities of supervisors ensuring effective, efficient and safe use of personnel, time, equipment and materials.
- Provides oversight for routine bridge maintenance including, but not limit to, cleaning contacts, lamp replacement, limit switch adjustment replacement, and keeping the bridge electrical systems organized and functional to ensure continuous bridge operations.
- Participate in weekly/monthly progress meetings for bridge construction and/or rehabilitation projects.
- Assists Operations Manager with QA/QC program and personnel oversight.
- Troubleshoot and repair bridge malfunctions.
- Responds to incident emergencies and coordinates work of on-site responders. Reports accident/injury (actual and near misses).
- Identifies opportunities for changes and improvements in work methods, processes, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Assist Operations Manager, Civil Superintendent and CBI in their annual inspection of the movable bridge electrical and mechanical systems.
- Serves as operational advisor to project staff.
- Review completed monthly maintenance logs and reports.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion and entry of work reporting and time sheets. Prepares other reports and correspondence as necessary.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Job Specific Skills:
- Able to respond 24-hours a day for after hour emergency calls necessitated by accidents and/or bridge malfunctions.
- An ability to work flexibly and willingness to work extensively to meet business needs.
- Abe to work from bucket trucks and lift equipment.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to climb stairs and ladders on a regular basis.
- Conduct weekly tool box safety talks with personnel.
- High level of attention to detail, initiative, problem solving, personal organizational and leadership skills.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong strategic thinking.
- Three years’ work experience on bridge electrical and mechanical systems; prior experience in a leadership role (highly preferred).
- Journeyman Electrician License or the ability to obtain Journeyman Electrician License.
- Valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record (required) DOT certifications (highly desired).
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify inefficient practices and develop best practice solutions.
- HS Diploma or GED (required)
Work Condition / Physical Demands
Will work indoors and outdoors, on bridge structures and road areas
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
Able to work from bucket trucks and lift equipment.
Able to lift 50 pounds.
Able to climb stairs and ladders on a regular basis.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 25-04-2019
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Pompano Beach, Florida, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido