Management Accountant – Sheffield Ref: AM09533
A talented and ambitious Management Accountant is sought to join our Sheffield ‘Streets Ahead’ Project and make a significant commercial impact.
£35-40k + benefits
A great opportunity for a talented and ambitious Management Accountant to undertake a challenging and highly stimulating role where you can make significant commercial impact and benefit from exceptional career development.
Amey, the leading consulting and infrastructure support services provider (nearly 20,000 employees) is delivering a flagship ‘Streets Ahead’ ~£50m/year, long term contract in Sheffield which is designed to upgrade and maintain the city’s roads, pavements, street lighting and bridges. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you’ll operate as the sole Management Accountant on the contract, therefore effectively holding a sizeable level of critical responsibility.
You’ll provide a consistently high-quality service – producing monthly management accounts; preparation of budgets, cashflow forecasts and audit packs; profit centre reporting and explaining variances to managers. In addition, you’ll have ample opportunity to gradually take on additional responsibilities such as helping to supervise and develop 2-3 Finance Administrators and proactively drive positive changes and commercial improvements.
Why you should consider this role
- A large, dynamic and fast-evolving company environment and strong divisional growth ensures you can take advantage of great career development opportunities
- A prestigious opening with a high level of responsibility on one of Amey’s flagship contracts. Significant scope to help drive improvements and make a visible impact
- Great opportunity to take on additional responsibility as soon as you’re able to (i.e. leadership responsibility for the Finance Administrators etc)
- Amey has a strong focus on training & development and a highly collaborative culture. You can also be proud to be part of an organisation that’s focused on building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure; creating better places for everyone
What are we looking for?
- Part Qualified/Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or qualified with experience, with core Management Accounting experience, ideally gained in larger company environments
- Personable, analytical and strong Excel skills. SAP knowledge is advantageous
- Comfortable working in very high quality focused and deadline driven environment
- Team-oriented with strong communication and problem, solving skills. Able to actively listen, advise, challenge and influence across a wide range of internal/external stakeholders
- Experience of working within a large contract environment, specifically Facilities Management, Highways, Rail, Construction etc may be beneficial but isn’t essential
Publicada el 24-09-2019
Área funcional: Finanzas
Nordeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent