Tax Manager – Austin, TX Ref: USA00597
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Manages Tax in North America entities. Will manage the US and Canada tax compliance and assist with developing and implementing tax efficient strategies and structures to optimize US operations and expansion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- GAAP Reporting of U.S Taxes and related US/IRFS GAAP issues – calculation of the current tax provision and deferred taxes.
- Preparation of the Return to Provision Reconciliation.
- Capital Management and Dividend Distributions.
- Responsible for assisting and managing the US component of the tax provision process.
- Preparation and review of Tax Compliance, Completion of Group entities US Tax Compliance.
- Responsible for preparation of Sales and Use tax returns and payment requests timely and accurately.
- Prepare periodic forecasts and budgets. Monitor and report on cash tax payments.
- Responsible for preparation of Property tax returns timely and accurately.
- Management of IRS, State and Local Audit with information gathering, data analysis, and implementation of system changes related to audit findings.
- US/IFRS GAAP and tax ramifications/modeling of Mergers, Acquisitions, and Dispositions.
- Responsible for advisory for M&A and business development functions; development of tax positions for new projects.
- Overview tax returns for Canadian entities prepared by external company.
- Participate in negotiation of tax related matters with third parties.
- Recommendations of improvements to financial reporting and compliance processes.
- Research and interpret relevant transactional tax law as needed.
- Interact and communicate effectively with various US Business Units and Corporate leaders to understand business transactions and ensure accurate reporting.
- Supervision of the Public Accounting staff. Selection of provider, fee negotiation and engagement oversight.
- Coordinate and support Group international tax department.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Consolidation and Accounting practices under IFRS regulations
- Knowledge of Financial reporting / Consolidation systems (SAP; BPC)
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel
- Ability to communicate in English, Spanish fluency is a plus
Education and Experience
- Education: BS in Accounting required, Masters in Tax a plus. CPA preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in tax planning and compliance with a concentration in taxes.
- Experience in multinational companies will be valued.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment under normal office conditions
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Finanzas
Austin, Texas, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido