OLE Engineer Ref: AM10299
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of the role?
We’re looking for a Technical lead for the OLE activities within Infrastructure Management for core valley lines for electrification projects and guidance to engineers and others. Develop engineering solutions to ensure conformance to the specification and compliant delivery to programme by guiding installation and maintenance staff and advising the Asset Manager, IM Project Managers and construction teams.
What will the role involve?
- As technical ‘sponsor’ you will manage the engineering interface on the electrification projects including support for design reviews; communication and consultation with other functions (design, install and test) over changes; and interfaces with other disciplines (including facilitating inter-disciplinary check meetings).
- Act as Contractor’s Engineering Manager or Contractor’s Responsible Engineer deputy as required.
- Advise Asset Manager and other IM stakeholders on engineering requirement and specification issues, ensuring each stage of construction is acceptable and signed off before works progress
- Carry out and record briefings of technical updates to the project team, including sub-contractors, promote best practice and pro-actively identify to resource owners additional training requirements and development opportunities.
- Assist the Asset Manager in developing the plan for the engineering resource required to deliver the IM OLE delivery plan and provide engineering review of the method statements and risk assessments proposed for the work.
- Set the standard for working practices and actively promote self-development of the IM team.
- Develop and implement an in-process inspection and surveillance regime consistent with company standards and project requirements.
- Provide sufficient support to the IM and CVL Transformation team throughout the Project phase to ensure that critical engineering decisions can be made in a timely manner and that issues arising can be dealt with to ensure compliance with a minimum of re-work.
- Carry out Line Management duties and provide Mentorship of other engineers within projects.
- Direct responsibility for the engineering element of the allocated project(s) and hence the technical guidance of all staff working on the same.
- Although the role is one based in an office / site office environment you will also be required to attend site on a regular basis (including night time).
- Ensuring that safety is at the forefront of construction of the planned works and is delivered safely on time
- Develop procedures to contract specification and programme, while effectively supervising and delivering approved construction tasks to the agreed resource and programme timescales
- Contribute to delivering work to budget
- Promote positive working relationships with the Client.
Skills, Qualifications & Training:
- Degree qualified engineer who has or is working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Experience of railway construction for specific discipline, preferably Electrification.
- Sufficient underpinning knowledge to attain the appropriate OLEC 5 sign off from CEM/CRE
- PTS AC/DC (mandatory)
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques.
- Must be able to drive
- Be able to work and manage well under pressure for extended periods of time.
- Computer literate for office systems and planning tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Conversant with company safety, procurement, and quality procedures
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills.
- Excellent Analytical Skills and Problem solving Skills.
- Commercial Awareness
- Must have a strong multi-disciplinary engineering background
- Understanding of CDM / Common Safety Method
- Understanding of the Railway Operating Environment
- Understanding of Railway Planning systems
- Understanding and application of Health and Safety legislation relative to construction
- Understanding of cost control and requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of the rail infrastructure including interfaces between disciplines
- Working knowledge of the Industry Rule Book.
- Good technical knowledge of both mechanical and electrical equipment
Familiar with/exposure to management systems or other similar data entry and reporting database applications
Publicada el 20-09-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Cardiff, Gales, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent