Permit Inspector (DOT/Road Permits) – Pompano Beach, FL Ref: USA00494
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Will provide program processes and oversight for permit coordination, review, tracking and compliance monitoring. Will also facilitate permit applications and engineering plans, site visits of proposed projects, final inspections and closeout, attendance at pre-construction meetings.
*Please note the salary range for this position is USD 40,000-45,000.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain the FSNA-TI Permit Processing Program.
- Processing of utility, driveway, special use, drainage, house moving, road closure and landscaping permits and all necessary paperwork involved.
- Field inspections of utility, driveway, special use, drainage, house moving, road closure and landscaping permits during and after the construction to ensure conformance with a specific state department of transportation regulations and specifications.
- Act as a company representative in providing information to DOT regarding policy concerning permits when requested. Coordinate and handle problems that may occur between FSNA-TI, the public, utility companies and the DOT. This position requires frequent contact with the public and surrounding utility companies’ engineers and contractors.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Consultant to staff in the review of plans and specifications, including phases for maintenance of traffic, utility conflicts and erosion control. This involves reviewing entire sets of plans as submitted by the applicant for roadway and right of way encroachment. This review is to be founded on a knowledgeable interpretation of, but not limited to, the following administrative rules: vegetative rules, private right-of-way usage, use of state highway facilities, regulation of signs, utility installation, building moving permits, temporary closing and special use of state roads, drainage connections, and state highway system connections access management.
- Coordinate and/or make field reviews of proposed installation project sites to determine any influencing factors that may affect the installation not previously disclosed. Participate in pre-construction conferences prior to the proposed construction.
- Present monthly summary and permit status reports to the Project Manager. These reports shall include, but not limited to the following: Number of permit applications received by type for the subject month; number of days to issuance date from date application is received; current and outstanding issues impacting the expeditious handling and issuance of permits, and any pertinent communications with DOT.
- Performs condition assessment of pavements, signs, guardrails, tunnels, bridges, vegetation and other contract requirements. Schedules and coordinate work to be performed. Assist with roadway characteristics through RCI inventory.
- Assists PM to determine best approach (self-performance or sub-contract) for bringing assets into contract compliance considering cost, timelines and efficiency.
- Present and ready for work every work day on time.
- Inspects in-process and completed work to insure compliance with contract requirements
- Responds to incident emergencies when on call and as needed and assists in coordinating work of on-site responders. Reports accident/injury (actual and near misses).
- Manage, monitor and control highway project equipment and materials.
- Identifies opportunities for changes and improvements in work methods, processes, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Create and manage successful completion of all work orders.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion and entry of work reporting and timesheets. Prepares other reports and correspondence as necessary. Enters data into SAP.
- Identifies, qualifies subcontractors and negotiates contract parameters with sub-contractors.
- Assists and monitors routine work plan activities such as traffic control and maintenance work.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Skill in reading and interpreting plans, specifications, design standards and manuals.
- Skill to analyze, interpret and plot survey data.
- Skill to communicate technical information effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Skill to operate personal computer. Individual must be able to lead a team without direct reporting responsibilities; therefore, teamwork skills are necessary
- Highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability.
- Willing to commit to working injury free and have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- Ability to communicate with co-worker’s safety instructions.
- Ability to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while properly using equipment as instructed.
Education and Experience
- High School or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in related industry
- Clean, valid Driver’s License, Class 1, is required.
- DOT Certifications preferred.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
- The employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand and/or walk for short periods of time.
- Use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must practice safe work methods to remain accident and injury free.
- Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Pompano Beach, Florida, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido