Principal Bid Manager (Amey Consulting – Highways) Ref: AM11458
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To lead the Consulting Highways bid programme and/or individual major, medium or strategic bid(s), acting as the focal point for all quality and financial deliverables. Develop the bid strategy and manage the communication protocol with all internal and external stakeholders. Oversee business-led bids (minor bids or ‘Children’ of frameworks) to ensure that bid governance and bid process is followed. Help develop the bidding competencies in operational staff and act as coach/mentor for other Bid Managers and Bid Leads who are managing business-led bids.
What will this role involve?
As a Principal Bid Manager you will be expected to:
- Lead the bid process for a programme of bids and for individual bids.
- Develop the bid strategy with individual Business Stream or Account Directors.
- Plan, manage and identify resource requirements for bids including support functions and those allocated to deliver the operational/technical solution.
- Manage a realistic and up-to-date bid programme ensuring that all activities are progressed in line with the programme.
- Lead and manage the development of high quality written and costed bid deliverables in line with the agreed bid strategy.
- Facilitate the development of the operational solution together with the commercial and pricing strategy to ensure and maintain continual improvement and competitive advantage.
- Set up and manage communication and document protocols for each bid.
- Maintain client liaison ensuring effective dialogue and prompt response to clarifications.
- Prepare papers for internal approval in line with Amey governance.
- Prepare and manage the bid budget.
- Drive the risk and opportunities process.
- Keep bidding tools such as the pipeline database up-to-date and contribute to bid reports as required.
- Oversee business-led bids (minor bids or ‘Children’ of frameworks) and ensure that bid governance and bid process is followed.
- Help develop the bidding competencies in operational staff and act as coach/mentor for Bid Managers and Business Leads who are managing business-led bids.
- Manage and carry out document reviews and oversee the consolidation and of implementation of feedback.
- Provide cover for other Bid Managers.
- Facilitate and/or provide input for bid workshops.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of the bid process in a fast-paced environment, able to work across different sectors.
- Knowledge and understanding of public (and private) sector bid requirements, experience of working with Highways England and Local Authorities would be a great advantage.
- Experience of keeping track of multiple, complex, time-phased activities.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation.
- Understanding of commercial requirements including cost planning, estimating and balancing risk with reward.
- Strong project management and application of processes and knowledge to achieve objectives.
- Ability to facilitate meetings/workshops to develop winning solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Creative, with an enquiring mind.
- Able to embrace change and drive continual improvement.
- Desire to see job through from start to finish.
- Able to leverage Business Unit strengths through networking.
- Team player, keen to help others to achieve.
What makes this role unique?
- You will be part of the CRBT, the team set up in Consulting & Rail to drive bidding best practice and professionalism across the business – C&R is a major growth engine for Amey.
- Our bidding community extends beyond the CRBT – you will have the opportunity to use your knowledge of best practice in bidding to coach and mentor the wider bidding community in how to deliver winning bids.
- You will be surrounded by like-minded professionals and have the opportunity to develop your career in bidding in a structured environment, with talent management and succession planning built in.
- You will have the chance to work on a wide variety of bids across a range of disciplines.
Publicada el 08-10-2019
Área funcional: Compras
Birmingham, Midlands del Oeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent