Principal Civil Engineer Ref: AM11773
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Principal Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the technical development and output of a railway civil engineering design team. You will oversee the delivery of all specified project outcomes on time & within budget and ensure technically sound design solutions are produced including all associated reporting and cost estimating.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
In a typical week you will:
• Review and approve feasibility studies, outline and detailed designs in accordance with the Client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective, buildable solutions, especially for complex and multi-disciplinary projects.
• Review the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances.
• Review and direct CAD technicians in the development of drawings, details, library of standard details etc.
• Provide guidance and mentorship in the use of appropriate technical / engineering and analysis software including Superstress, Scale and similar.
• Undertake a wide range of design work, review and technical approval, on all aspects of the railway civil engineering infrastructure, including but not limited to, platforms, lineside equipment bases & structures, footbridges, over and under-bridges, buildings.
• Undertake and review project planning, programming, cost control and administration; and associated reporting on delivery, resources and budget.
• Enter into detailed technical discussions with approval authorities, consenting bodies, Clients, Contractors, Amey staff, Third Parties and other stakeholder groups, especially for complex projects.
• Review and approve design calculations, contract documentation, drawings, technical documents and project reports complying with current standards.
• Attend internal and external project meetings, act as Civil Engineering design CRE on multi-disciplinary projects; including attending IDC meetings, liaise with supply chain and other third party organisations.
• Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation through the design and work stages, and lead by example with respect to Health, Safety, Welfare Environment and CDM.
Skills & experience
What are we looking for?
• Ideally a Chartered Engineer via ICE or IStructE, or planning to apply in short term.
• Ability to constructively and diplomatically review and approve the work of others, including calculations, drawings, reports, proposals, bids etc.
• At least ten years relevant, post-graduate experience in Civil Engineering railway design and or construction.
• Ability to technically manage and lead a team in the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary railway projects.
• Extensive experience as a Contractor’s Responsible Engineer, or ability to perform the role without further training.
• Strong understanding of draughting and BIM software and steelwork and reinforced concrete detailing.
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the best in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.
Publicada el 10-10-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Tipo de contrato: Permanent