OLE Principal Engineering Manager Ref: AM11747
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
What is the purpose of this role?
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Principal OLE Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of OLE design, leading a dedicated OLE design engineering team. In addition, they will manage the OLE elements of a complete project.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
In a typical week you will:
- Carry out design and assessment work for OLE elements of projects with minimal supervision
- Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards relevant to OLE design
- Prepare design and assessment reports and produce mark ups and sketches for CAD technicians
- Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractor
- Manage resource in the design team
- Manage team utilisation and cross discipline working
- Undertake PDRs and assist the TD with the competence assessment process
- Manage staff issues such as poor performance and personality conflict within the team
- Engage in the recruitment process, including arranging and undertaking job interviews
We want to hear from you if you have:
- A degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or IEng
- Completed Amey’s Graduate Training Programme or appropriate level of experience in a relevant area, confirmed using the authority to work process
- Knowledge of interfaces between OLE engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed
- An understanding of the requirements of the UK Spec for IEng/CEng qualification.
- The ability to use the design software in the discipline
About Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.
Publicada el 31-10-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Manchester, Noroeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent