Principal E&P Engineer Ref: AM11772
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Principal E&P Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of complex Electrical & Plant design. For smaller projects the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the project and mentoring junior design staff.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
What will this role involve?
• Planning surveys and leading site survey teams
• Demonstrating a sound understanding of the design process
• Ability to design and check designs where required Managing CDM/risk analyses and attending HAZID workshops
• Undertaking the role of Contractor’s Responsible
• Engineer in accordance with the requirements of Network Rail standard NR/L2/INI/02009
• Approving designs to ensure all contractual requirements have been satisfied to a level that complies with Network Rail, British and European Standards
• Keeping up to date with current Network Rail, British and European Standards
• Briefing electrical power design teams on contractual requirements and standards/workscopes
• Managing the Electrical Power element of a complete project
• Effective communication with the client including representing Amey Electrical Power design at client meetings and responding professionally to client feedback/DRNs
Skills & experience
What are we looking for?
• BSc/BEng in appropriate Electrical engineering discipline
• Experience in Microsoft applications
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable and proven experience in design in the Railway environments i.e. OLE, tractions, Signalling power, Point heating Design, Lighting and Building services
• Preferably IET member and C Eng eligibility
• Previous knowledge of design, specification, team leadership and proficiency in electrical power system design software packages such as Hevacomp and AMTECH.
• Experience in supervising most aspects of electrical power system design including: the application of design standards, managing specialist sub-consultants, and complex project delivery methods.
• Experience in working in a design environment, construct and tendered design services environment.
• A good knowledge of submitting bids that are fully compliant with the ITT
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the best in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.
Publicada el 10-10-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Tipo de contrato: Permanent