Principal Operations Manager Ref: AM11511
Amey Highways and Waste Collections is on the lookout for a Principle Operations Manager to cover 4 sites across Surrey.
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
Amey Highways and Waste Collections is on the lookout for a Principle Operations Manager to cover 4 sites across Surrey. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic leader who believes in motivating and empowering their employees.
Reporting to the Operations Director you will undertake an instrumental and pivotal role where you will be closely monitoring all aspects of the contract performance and continuously identifying opportunities to improve both efficiency and customer service.
What will this role involve?
- Ensure all areas of budget responsibility are achieved and weekly KPIs are met, highlighting any variances between budget and actual. Develop, implement and monitor action plans to redress variances.
- Ensure that all service levels are achieved and exceeded, delivering continuous improvement on all KPIs.
- Supporting the Supervisory team to manage the workforce in the achievement of their daily and weekly tasks.
- Ensuring all staff and third parties comply with all Company Health and Safety procedures at all times. Promote a culture for Zero Harm.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with the Client.
- Plan and organise the efficient and effective use of resources ensuring optimum management of vehicle downtime to ensure high levels of service delivery.
- Maintain all records and systems for the effective and compliant operation of the contract.
- Develop additional services/revenue outside of the current contract.
- Supporting the Senior Management team in delivering contract improvements.
- Accountable for operational service delivery in line with Standard Operating Procedures and contractual requirements.
- Challenges and influences changes to the status quo to drive forward financial and performance efficiencies.
- Manage performance, with regular site visits and performance review against targets.
- Decisiveness to drive forward financial efficiencies.
- Can innovate and lead changes or new initiatives.
- Sound Judgement, data driven analysis and decision making.
- Balances instinctive reactions with pragmatic operational solutions.
- Manage site performance through the use of Masternaut and Power BI.
- Forecasting of personnel and equipment to ensure service delivery within budget.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Ensures that all relevant legislative requirements are adhered to and that Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, HR, Finance and Transport) are maintained.
- Undertake gate checks and crew checks to ensure to ensure compliance to health & safety, vehicle and PPE policies.
- Ensure all accidents are investigated and ensure corrective actions are put in place.
- Ensure compliance to zero code.
- Proactively monitor and manage fuel consumption and driver behaviour.
- Ensure compliance to O License requirements.
- Sets and agrees clear objectives with all Site Managers, regularly monitoring their performance and taking corrective action where appropriate.
- Conducts training needs analysis and resources site specific training where required.
- Leads and motivates staff through positive employee engagement through open communication
- Lead and support the supervisory team in undertaking people management tasks.
- Monitor and deliver improved scores on employee engagement through surveys and engagement calendars.
- Create a culture for continuous improvement.
- Accountable for inspiring sustainable partnerships, maximising operational performance levels and growth opportunities.
- Proactively build client and stakeholder relationships to improve contract performance
- Investigate all second line complaints and conduct customer visits where necessary.
- Actively drive customer engagement and satisfaction.
- Advocate and role model Amey Values
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will have significant operational management experience ideally within multi-site management. You will have strong communication and negotiation skills, plus have the ability to think on your feet and solve problems quickly.
You will be a team player with a willingness to assist colleagues, and can work to deadlines. You will be customer focussed, and can multi-task and prioritise work in a demanding environment. You will be flexible to assist with the demand of the role.
Publicada el 20-09-2019
Área funcional: Gestión de Proyectos
Kingston Upon Thames, Sudeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent