Principal Operations Manager Ref: AM09660
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To lead a team of people delivering Waste Water network repairs and maintenance for one of our Key clients Yorkshire Water. Taking responsibility for the P&L and balance sheet performance and delivering the business plan.
What will this role involve?
- Work with the Account Director and Business Director to develop and shape the contract business plan for Infra and non-infrastructure asset construction and maintenance and continue to develop the progressive relationship between Amey and Yorkshire Water.
- Manage the contract P&L and balance sheet to deliver / improve upon agreed margins and cash flows
- Lead, review and challenge budgets and forecasts to ensure consistent, challenging but deliverable approach adopted
- Manage performance of the contract, with regular site visits and performance review against targets.
- Lead / contribute to framework and stand-alone bidding opportunities
- Review the necessary data and interpret management information in order to monitor performance.
- Ensure efficient management of resources; employees, fleet, suppliers and subcontractors. Promote a continuous improvement culture.
- Ensure that there is a culture of compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards across all contract activity.
- Provide clear and effective leadership for the contract workforce and act as line manager to a small number of direct reports. Ensure that business imperatives are clearly communicated and understood throughout the defined contract area and to others, as appropriate.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to take and be accountable for decisions within the contract
- Customer Relationship Management skills
- IT and Data analysis skills
- Demonstrates aability to understand and implement commercial contracts
- Has an understanding of water/waste water industry and market.
- Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets
- Has proven ability to manage, develop and motivate teams
- Demonstrates well-developed communication, relationship management and influencing skills
- Supported a P&L account
- Delivered against a business plan/objectives – including holding responsibility for the management of resources
- Created and implemented a business plan at a local level
- Provided a significant contribution to a bid or mobilisation
- Managed a business improvement or change management project
- Experience of managing health and safety
- Demonstrates behaviours which align to Amey’s values.
- Ideally has a knowledge of civil engineering applied in the Utilities industry context.
Publicada el 30-09-2019
Área funcional: Gestión de Proyectos
Yorkshire, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent