Principal Systems Engineer Ref: AM10583
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
The provision of conceptual and outline design of engineering solutions, presentation of engineering options. Preparation, checking and approval of feasibility studies, outline project specifications and other relevant written documents. Production, checking and approval of signalling layouts prior to issue to the client. Production, checking and approval of design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents, ensuring adherence to current standards and procedures.
What will this role involve?
- Lead, supervise and check the work of other staff, including mentoring of junior engineers
- Preparation and checking of safety critical signalling design, plans, application logic, technical details and TSRs, ensuring compliance with contractual and statutory requirements as well as client needs
- To ensure all design produced complies with scopes of work, client requirements and company procedures and meets all operational, technical and safety principles
- Assist with and contribute to the professional development of staff by supervising and checking the technical progress of staff, reporting the results and making recommendations to the Signal Design Manager
- Contribute to the production and maintenance of statutory risk assessments and registers
- Perform site correlation activities as required and mentor junior staff in this activity
- Undertaking drawing office cover during commissioning works
- Delivery of work to program, budget and specification
- Contribute to the development and mentoring of staff within the Section
- Assist with the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Contribute to the technical evaluation of tenders, estimating and bid writing including negotiating with clients and identifying clarifications, unique selling points, methodologies and risks
- Client and third party liaison, whilst maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality
- Representing the company on technical matters
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for the establishment and review / update of internal design standards and / or processes to achieve a continuous improvement in quality and efficiency. You will contribute to the long-term technical development of the office by application of new techniques, procedures and practices.
Publicada el 31-10-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Warrington, Noroeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent