Sr. Procurement Manager – Austin, TX Ref: USA00481
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
As a key member of the Procurement organization, the Procurement Manager is responsible for delivering value by managing the North America Procurement team. The Procurement Manager is responsible for driving continuous improvement, for reporting, and for leading change.
NOTE! This role must possess experience to support our field operation categories and professional services. A background in construction, and related heavy equipment is required for this position. The ideal candidate will have procured everything from trucks to excavators to earth moving equipment, bulldozer, CDL equipment, dump trucks, front loaders, backhoes, etc.
Please apply ONLY if you have this kind of experience, as it is a large part of what this team will manage for the business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates transactional procurement activities to reduce costs, ensure supply continuity, mitigate risk, and increase purchasing data accuracy
- Effectively supervises Procurement Specialists, ensuring optimal performance
- Develops and implements transactional Procurement standard operating procedures and processes
- Ensures Procurement Specialists have measurable annual goal plans and development plans
- Conducts performance appraisals and ensures staffing levels are appropriate
- Ensures compliance with and execution of strategies in accordance with Procurement policies and procedures
- Supports and participates in strategic sourcing initiatives as requested; leads smaller or regional strategic sourcing projects
- Responsible for the overall Request for Quotation (RFQ) process and delivery of best quality, delivery, and price for goods and services at the regional/local level, ensuring specifications, safety and stakeholders requirements are met
- Negotiates purchase order terms and conditions, pricing, discounts, rebates and commercial aspects of supplier proposals
- Negotiates and implements agreements for regional/local procurement of goods and services
- Ensures purchase orders, change orders, invoice issues, and claims avoidance are effectively managed to support Operational requirements
- Overall responsibility for management of the open purchase order reports, close-out activities, and compliance and audits
- Develops and analyzes transactional Procurement Metrics
- Ensures savings delivered through transactional procurement activities are tracked and reported, as well as lost opportunity costs related to late fees, finance charges, etc.
- Recommends changes and improvements to transactional procurement processes/systems and oversees participation and testing of improvements
- Assists with tracking and reporting regional/local supplier performance, including compliance to contractual terms and conditions, supplier KPIs/SLAs
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective business relationships with internal stakeholders, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Manages regional/local preferred supplier and approved supplier lists
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expert analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Excellent project management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking and decision quality competencies
- Strong written, and verbal communication skills; ability to successfully communicate with all levels of the business
- Strong business relationship and people management, including interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Strong influencing, conflict management, and change management skills
- Strong commercial and financial acumen competencies, including contract knowledge
- Demonstrated action oriented, results oriented, and customer service competencies
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work flexibly and willingness to work extensively to meet business needs
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in supply chain, finance, business, math, science or engineering
- Minimum of 7 years experience in procurement
- Proficiency in SAP and Coupa preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Purchase to Pay knowledge and experience required
- Experience in procuring products and services/sub-contractors in the infrastructure and oil and gas industries preferred
- Experience in inventory management preferred
Successful management of $300+ Million spend
- Track-record of successfully negotiating favorable terms for procurement
- Strong experience in budgeting and cost management.
- 10+ years of progressive management and leadership experience, including: procurement, supply chain, and logistics
- Proven commercial awareness and experience of delivering cost savings
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Travel to locations where direct reports office and locations supported by Procurement is required on a routine basis; other travel may be required as needed.
- The person in this will operate in a stationary position for significant portions of the day.
- The person in this position will occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ability to travel, domestically and internationally as needed
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 11-06-2019
Área funcional: Aprovisionamiento
Austin, Texas, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido