Procurement Manager Ref: USA00398
Over the past 55 years, Webber has become one of the largest and most respected construction companies in the U.S. A subsidiary of Ferrovial S.A., Webber employs approximately 2,000 crewmembers and specializes in developing intelligent solutions that improve the communities in which we live.
Due to the unique relationship with our parent and sister companies, we have access to a global network of highly-skilled engineers, best-in-class technology and virtually unlimited resources, which sets us apart from our competition and enables us to build better and manage smarter. From conception to completion, Webber’s full-service capabilities are customized to meet each project’s specific objectives. We serve a variety of markets and clients, and employ cutting-edge technology and processes to deliver consistent results and innovative solutions for today’s construction needs.
The Procurement Manager will make a significant contribution to the company by managing purchases for multiple projects. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing and leading a team of Purchasing Agents and/or Purchasing Assistants. This position reports to the Director of Procurement and will work very closely with operations personnel as a very critical and important member of the team.
1. Develop and administer subcontracts and purchase orders: development of Request for Proposal, analysis and evaluation of vendor quotations, drafting of the vendor contracts including the scopes of work
2. Actively participate in the subcontractor/vendor community to foster strategic relationships
3. Participate in and lead the Buyout Meeting to prioritize responsibilities for project-specific purchases as a liaison among Procurement, Operations, and Estimating
4. Collaboration with other Procurement personnel.
5. Supervise, manage, and direct the selection, training, development, appraisal, and work assignments of personnel
6. Understand and communicate impacts of market changes, as well as adjust strategies to maintain procurement goals
7. Develop and implement Master Agreements, Preferred Supplier Agreements, and Framework agreements to improve and enhance the efficiency and value of Procurement processes
8. Ensure compliance with the management and implementation of purchasing procedures and policy
9. Maintain records and provide accurate reports of procurement activities
10. Other duties as assigned to enhance the operation of the company.
Skills & experience
1. 5-8 years industry experience in purchasing and procurement
2. 1-3 years of management experience
3. Construction experience required
4. High level of computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Sharepoint, and Access
5. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization and with external vendors/suppliers
6. Construction project management experience is preferred
7. Demonstrated experience planning, managing, purchasing, and negotiating
8. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study (Engineering, Construction, Supply Chain)
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training
Publicada el 09-04-2019
Área funcional: Aprovisionamiento
New Braunfels, Texas, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido