Project Superintendent – Greater Orlando Area Ref: USA00551
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Responsible for managing the day to day field operations to ensure the standards of the contract are met in a cost-effective, safe and efficient manner. Responsible for managing the day to day field operations to ensure the standards of the contract are met in a cost effective, safe and efficient manner. The Superintendent holds overall responsibility for operations and maintenance of the project. Verifies work, interprets the contract, and gives direction on schedules and subcontractor work. The Superintendent works in collaboration with the Project Engineer to coordinate the development, implementation, and evaluation of a services plan consistent with the identified needs of the client and the contract.
*Please Read! This posting represents a potential future project for our organization and is therefore seeking individuals for potential employment contingent upon the outcome. Should this project be granted to the organization, you will be contacted to discuss the opportunity further into a potential offer of employment.
Please be aware that your application submittal is your acknowledgement that your name, resume and qualifications could be selected as part of our company’s bid proposal documentation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures completion of condition assessment of pavements, signs, guardrails, bridges, vegetation, tunnels, and other contract requirements.
- Determines the best approach (self-performance or subcontract) for bringing assets into contract compliance considering cost, timeliness, and efficiency. Sources and qualifies new subcontractors.
- Monitors operational and financial performance, conducts operational and financial analysis, and prepares performance information and recommendations for incorporation into the periodic reports to management.
- Serves as technical advisor to work crews.
- Works with Project Engineer to schedule work to be performed.
- Inspects in-process and completed work to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Acts as a communication link between the Project Manager and operations personnel.
- Ensures direct reports are actively supervising, scheduling, and evaluating personnel. Coach direct reports on management techniques.
- Obtains, inspects, and controls fleet (maintenance, fuel cards, etc.). Manage, monitor, and control project assets and materials.
- Responsible for proper work reporting, timesheets, budgeting, and other systems. Prepares reports and correspondence as necessary. Ensures data in the MMIS is accurate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· The Superintendent is expected to have 3-5 years of skilled trade/engineering experience including knowledge of roadway, structure, and bridge construction methods, materials, standards, and specifications
· The Superintendent holds overall responsibility for operations and maintenance of the project. Verifies work, interprets the contract, and gives direction on schedules and subcontractor work. The Superintendent works in collaboration with the Project Engineer to coordinate the development, implementation, and evaluation of a services plan consistent with the identified needs of the client and the contract.
· Working knowledge of state and federal safety, environment, and EEO/DBE guidelines and regulations
· Working skill in operating computer equipment, software programs, and field inspection equipment
· Ability to provide technical supervision and leadership to other staff
· Read and interpret roadway, bridge, and structure plans and contract specifications
· Maintain detailed records
· Communicate effectively with agency and contractor personnel and the general public.
· Be an ambassador in implementing policies and procedures.
· Ability to obtain Advanced DOT (or MOT if in Canada) Certification
Operation of heavy equipment as needed
Education and Experience
· 10 years of skilled trade/engineering experience
· Valid Driver’s license with good driving record (Required)
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
The employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand and/or walk for short periods of time. Use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must practice safe work methods to remain accident and injury free must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Office and Field Environment in heat and cold Minimal travel required 24/7 Operations-Occasional holidays, nights, weekends are required.
Reaching, bending, squatting, walking Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Work over and around water Working from heights Working in tight spaces
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Gestión de Proyectos
Orlando, Florida, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido