QC Regional Manager (So Cal) – Carson, CA Ref: USA00471
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
The QA/QC Regional Manager is responsible for assuring compliance to all Quality Control procedures. This person will work closely with field Supervisors and QC Representatives to support and provide technical assistance in all matters regarding the Quality execution of our work. The QA/QC Regional Manager reports job status to the Regional Operations Manager with a technical reporting relationship to the VP of Quality and Inspection.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Weld Inspection and Tracking
- Inspection and oversight of welding operations
- Creating and updating weld maps
- Assigning weld numbers
- Defining NDE requirements per client and TIMEC procedures
- Maintaining welder RT percentage log
- Coordinating NDE
- Coordinating Heat Treatment
- Development of final QC packages
- Maintaining the Flange QC program
- Assigning Flange QC cards
- Tracking location of flanges to be QC’d
- Coordinating inspection of gasket surfaces
- Final sign off of Flange QC card
Positive Material Assurance & Control (PMAC)
- Maintaining the PMAC process
- Issuing PMAC tags
- Insuring compliance of proper PMAC procedures
- Tracking location of PMAC tags
- Updating the PMAC log
- Communication with the Authorized Inspector
- Development of all code travelers
- Development of code procedures
- Sign off of all hold points and final inspection
- Coordination of all NDE Development
- Assist in testing of welders
- Assure that welders are properly qualified on required procedures
- Assure that required procedures are available for all work to be performed
- Assist in development of any new procedures required
- Perform Root Cause Investigations for any quality related deficiency
- Act as main focal point for all quality related issues
- Must be a certified welding inspector with min of 7 years’ experience in the Petro-chemical environment. Current CWI# to be reviewed.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be capable of working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, squat and kneel.
- Must be capable of climbing ladders and scaffolds and working at heights.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to perform work wearing personnel protective equipment. Including but not limited to the following: rain gear, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, Nomex coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses.
- Must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may be up to seven days a week for extended duration’s of up to 8 weeks or more.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 24-05-2019
Área funcional: Calidad
Carson, California, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido