Rail BIM Design Apprentice Ref: AM11530
Closing date for application: 25th September 2019
Interview date: 16th October 2019
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TransPennine, Kings Cross and Crossrail. The Rail sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of over 350 staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices in the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to the ongoing digital transformation of the construction industry , we are seeking to recruit several CAD and BIM Apprentices into our new BIM apprenticeship scheme. These roles will be based in our Swindon and Cardiff offices. The successful candidates will undergo BIM and CAD training from senior members of our team. Throughout your journey as an Amey Apprentice, you will gain exposure to all the disciplines within Rail- which will be advantageous at the end of your apprenticeship. There will be an opportunity for you to work in the discipline most applicable to your chosen career path.
This role will offer an opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and become part of our digital transformation. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
A typical week would involve:
• Assisting with the collation of technical information from surveys, design models and drawings.
• Producing 2D and 3D design models using Bentley CAD and BIM Software.
• Supporting the design team during design submissions.
• Producing collaborative discipline drawings.
• Working within multiple common data environments.
• Carry out CAD quality assurance checks.
• Coordination activities.
We want to hear from you if you’ve got:
• Able to work collaboratively alongside other team members within a culture of knowledge sharing and general cooperation
• Interest in Engineering, Technology, Design, Math and Science.
• General computer skills
• Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Must demonstrate a commitment to training, a willingness to accept training and development opportunities when they arise and a desire to achieve completion within the desired timescales
• Must be prepared to work within and meet strict deadlines
• Must prioritise health, safety and welfare at all times
• At least 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 and above
• MS Office at an intermediate level
• CAD or BIM experience advantageous
• Have a basic awareness of key Network Rail and British standards BS1192, PAS1192.
• Previous experience in a working environment and demonstrable client facing skills
• Able to recognise the importance of following procedures associated with health, safety and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
Publicada el 25-09-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Cardiff, Gales, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Apprenticeship