Rail Examiner/Inspector Ref: AM07790
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake the examination of structures and properties as required by the contract specification and relevant industry standards, and associated duties.
What will this role involve?
- Carry out inspection of schemes
- Site supervision Measurement of works
- Raising of non-conformities
- Record keeping
- Liaison between departments
- Assist in ensuring the delivery of work to programme, budget and specification
- Assist in optimising output of the examination process and ensuring that examination and reports are completed and submitted in accordance with the contract
- Assist in the monitoring and reporting on progress
- Assist in ensuring that the works within the area of operations are completed safely (in accordance with the plan and method statements), and to the correct quality (in accordance with the contract, plan and company procedures and instructions)
- Cooperate with the project team in order to undertake
- HSEA checks and audits as agreed
- Undertake site based activities in accordance with the project requirements
- Develop and maintain the key competencies necessary for undertaking duties safely in a railway environment
What are we looking for?
- Degree or equivalent
- City and Guilds certificate in a relevant discipline, examples include; brick laying, carpentry and Joinery, welding and steel fabrication, or NVQ, or ONC / BTEC equivalent in an appropriate discipline – highly desirable
- Member of professional body
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft office
- Technical knowledge of rail networks
- Knowledge of maintenance works
- Good knowledge and understanding of Network Rail policies and procedures
- Experienced in the management and maintenance of railways
- Experience in the rail industry and knowledge of railway practice is desirable
- Strong oral and written communication skills
What makes this role unique?
You will assist in the preparation and maintenance of the project Quality, Safety and Environmental Plans, method statements, requirements of the rulebook, library, programme and resource plan.
Publicada el 30-09-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
RedHill, Sudeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent