Seasonal Snow Plow Driver – CDL Required – Monroe, MI Ref: USA00530
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Responsible for maintaining contracted assets, roadways, medians, per standards and conditions specified in the contract and as directed by the supervisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary duties will be to operate snowplows and snow removal equipment safely such as tandem plow trucks, single axle plow trucks, loaders and skid-steers during precipitation events, snow storms and storm cleanup.
- Creates a safe working environment by obeying and adhering to all Ferrovial Services, N.A. safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain and perform minor repairs including preventive maintenance and changing plow blades to plow trucks and snow removal equipment.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections of plow trucks and snow removal equipment.
- Operate snow plows and other snow removal equipment safely while obeying all traffic laws.
- Keep roadways free of ice and snow using snow plows and other snow removal and/or sanding equipment.
- Keep plow trucks and snow removal equipment clean and in good working order.
- Report any accidents, incidents and equipment failures to supervisor immediately.
- Required to be available for emergency response rotations as needed for overtime at night evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with co-workers and supervisor.
- Must be able to consistently follow company and safety policies and procedures.
- Maintenance technicians should be able to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply divide, calculate proportions, percentages, measurements).
- Must also be able to understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Familiarity with hand tools and power equipment preferred.
- Must be capable of working in an environment in which demands and priorities change rapidly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability.
- Ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- Ability to communicate safety instructions with co-workers.
- Ability to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED (Required)
- One-year work experience in infrastructure, maintenance, and repair (Preferred)
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License, (Class B) with an acceptable driving record (Required)
Work Conditions/ Physical Demands
- Regularly required to stand; sit; walk on a wide range of surfaces; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment.
- Vision abilities include both close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, routine exposure to outside weather conditions including extreme cold.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fume or airborne particles. Frequent exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, frequent exposure to insects and infrequent exposure to reptiles/rodents.
- The noise level in the work environment usually moderate but on occasion can be more than moderate.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Newport, Michigan, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Temporal