Senior Architect Ref: AM06966
At Amey Consulting, we specialise in intelligent interventions rooted in practical thinking; because uniquely, our plans and designs are shaped by our expertise in delivery. We think – and act – in terms of grounded, everyday impacts. We listen to our clients and immerse ourselves in their world. Our agile team of consultants, engineers and designers are united by their desire to champion the infrastructure around us, because ‘better places’ demand better asset innovations: longer lasting, harder working and better performing – as well as more sustainable.
What is the purpose of this role?
- Provide multi – discipline lead ship and co-ordination on projects through all RIBA Stages.
- Ensure governance process are followed and have experience in technical assurance.
- Take ownership for and manage individual tasks and support projects, from conception to completion.
- Support all health and safety aspects, including specific CDM duties where appropriate.
- Provide technical support and assistance for project design within portfolio
- Compile, communicate and present regular project portfolio update reports internally / externally.
- Take responsibility for the commercial performance of all projects managed.
- Liaise with all Client and internal Amey stakeholders/support functions to achieve project/team objectives
- Maintain and provide accurate reporting on Commercial/Quality/Timescale aspects of projects at agreed frequencies.
- Comply with procurement processes and actively review and manage supply chain performance in association with procurement colleagues.
- Live and reinforce Amey Values within the ‘Project’ and wider Consulting teams.
- Foster collaborative working with all Account stakeholders at every opportunity.
What will this role involve?
- Be alert to and actively managing opportunities to build client relationships and develop future business.
- Have strong technical background in detailed design and delivery of multidiscipline projects.
- Manage co-ordination between discipline and have a good understanding between discipline activities.
- Manage, or complete the delivery of design/specification process through to tender document production, to include elements of design.
- Be conversant with Contract Service matrix and be able to accurately categorise and communicate fee structures to the Client and defend that assessment.
- Review available building condition surveys to establish the categorisation and approach to project. Preparation of designs, schedules of work and specifications and manage design information including co-ordination of input from other design disciplines and external providers
- Provision and/or assessment of initial budget cost information and development of overall programme
- Assess requirement for, and prepare CDM design risk assessments as required.
- Support design process in accordance with the Integrated Management System.
- Comply with agreed reporting and communications strategy for projects and other media
- Complete and input frequent and concise time recording records.
What are we looking for?
Post-graduate experience and working towards becoming an Architect, registered with the Architects Registration Board / Member of the Royal Institute of British Architects.
- Experience in various design applications including AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp & BIM.
- Experience of various Contract Forms and Conditions.
- Experience of Contract Administration.
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, Planning, H&S and other legislation.
- Demonstrable post-graduate experience in various design environments including Transport, Education, Government (MOD/MOJ).
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS Office suite to include Microsoft Project
- Understanding of H&S legislation and particularly CDM Regs
- CSCS card or ability to hold relevant professional card.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to obtain MOD Baseline Security Clearance and MOJ clearance
- Experience of using NBS and other relevant design / CA software.
- Experience of using Bentley Microstation
- Prince 2 qualified
- Experience in the Rail or light Rail sector.
- Experience of using Bentley MicroStation.
- Experience of using ProjectWise.
Publicada el 31-10-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Cardiff, Gales, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent