Senior CAD Technician Ref: AM08656
What is the purpose of this role?
Our Edinburgh and Glasgow design hubs provide a unique opportunity to be involved in a range of schemes from inception through to completion. We deliver projects right across Scotland and further afield from bridge inspections to the design, supervision and maintenance of nationally significant road schemes.
The purpose of this role is to help produce the schematic/concept designs for one or more of the following
- highways design projects using AutoCAD and/or Civils 3D/ Bentley MX/
- Structural design/refurbishment projects using AutoCAD and/ or Revit
- Drainage design using AutoCAD and/or Micro Drainage
What will the role involve?
- The analysis and design of highways and drainage or structural design, progressing to detailed design and approval.
- Involvement in internal project design meetings and preparing correspondence reports.
- Assisting in the production of AutoCAD. MX and/or Civils 3D drawing information and undertaking quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue.
- Oversee the delivery of projects, supporting senior civil engineering staff with design.
- Support junior engineers and CAD Technicians.
What are we looking for?
- HNC / HND/Foundation Degree level in a relevant discipline
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Extensive experience using Civil 3D or Bentley MX or Open Roads or Micro Drainage
- Competent in the use of MS Office
- Ability to lead junior technicians
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Experience of delivering competent civil engineering designs
- Experience of the DMRB and local authority design guidelines
- Experience of Cycle by Design, Roads for All and Sustrans Design documents
- Good CAD and traffic modelling skills
What makes this role unique?
You will also be producing and reviewing detailed design drawings and visiting sites to carry out inspections and/or basic surveying.
Amey Consulting- exceeding expectations
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life. Nowhere else offers quite the same combination of positive influences and experiences to help you be the better. By working with a family of specialist, market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment, you’ll see how their thinking influences yours and vice versa.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Publicada el 11-10-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Motherwell, Escocia, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent