Senior OLE Design Engineer Ref: AM04934
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
The role is to provide sound technical skills to ensure project requirements and client’s specifications are fully met. The role should also provide senior guidance to staff within the discipline.
What are we looking for?
- Lead conceptual, outline and detailed design for OLE engineering solutions in allocation, basic and construction design.
- Lead feasibility studies, technical reports and other written documents.
- Lead the design, detailed allocation, construction design, and assessments on the Overhead Line Engineering.
- Deliver work to programme, budget and specification
- Be competent to check and approved OLE engineering solutions
Skills and qualifications required
- Significant experience in Overhead Line design .
- Knowledge of UK rail industry practice and a familiarity with railway standards.
- A degree, HNC or other relevant qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Chartered or working towards Chartership.
- Competent in the production of drawings using CAD software, ideally Microstation
- Significant CRE experience
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation
- Enthusiastic, committed with a ‘can do’ mentality
- Computer literate with MS Word and other MS Office modules.
- Driving licence desirable.
- Already on / Previous Experience of being on a company Accreditation Certificate as “Designer” and “Checker”
- Hold Valid PTS
Publicada el 30-09-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Birmingham, Midlands del Oeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent