Ferrovial Construcción UK
Publicado el 29 de septiembre, 2021
London, Londres, Reino Unido
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group, the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15 countries, with over 60 years’ experience since it was founded.
Ferrovial Construction delivers value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy.
We have an established presence in the UK and Ireland with the support of our global resource pool.
Ferrovial is a world-leading provider of infrastructure services delivering end to end capabilities over the entire asset lifecycle. This provides our diverse range of clients with a positive legacy through our integrated approach, ensuring consistently high standards of excellence in delivery. Value creation is at the heart of everything we do.
The Site Agent will be responsible for the management of the construction site in order to achieve required project delivery to the customers’ objectives, while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control.
They will deliver multiple on-going projects, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance.
The post-holder will work closely with the Commercial Department, engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
• Site Management
• Ensure the commercial performance of the contract is maximised
• Assume responsibility for delivering projects successfully
• Deliver the work safely and without environmental incidents
• Deliver the work to the specified quality without defects
• Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, management plans, in line with Company procedures
• Produce procurement schedules and liaise with the procurement department to ensure sites have adequate resources to complete the tasks
• Client interface
• Deliver end product to customer satisfaction
• Cost control
• Maximise project value
• Ensure detailed site diaries/records are completed
• Maintain commercial tension to drive out cost and challenge the status quo
• Endeavour to spot and highlight value engineering opportunities
• Produce good quality, accurate reports monthly for the Client and internally
• Chair weekly site meetings in line with Company procedures
Skills & experience
• Successful experience at a management engineering level with minimum of 5 years of experience in construction on site specifically in civil engineering and/or utilities
• Demonstrated application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge
• Experience of working in a cost-conscious environment
• Good people management experience
• Experience in managing subcontractors
• Experience in stakeholder’s management (client )
• Relationship building with external parties is a critical requirement
• Significant civil engineering technology knowledge with significant previous experience
• A highly capable construction problem solver
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels.
• Computer literacy advance
• CSCS card
• Airport experience/ critical areas experience
• Experience of working in an international organization
• Experience in stakeholder’s management (Key stakeholders apart from client)
• Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent
Ferrovial Construction has been working at Heathrow Airport for over 10 years delivering some of the most complex infrastructure projects to high quality, safety and environmental standards. We have focused on design and build projects with a mix of contractual arrangements. This has enabled us to refine our management procedures in response to Heathrow’s Employers Requirements and Ferrovial Construction own internal management systems.
Since joining Heathrow’s framework in 2014, Ferrovial Construction has delivered a variety of airside and landside projects across the whole airport. For example, we have delivered new taxiways and rehabilitated existing taxiways and the southern runway. We have also redeveloped sterile and grass areas and replaced critical assets, such as fire main, fuel main and HV ducts. We are currently working alongside Heathrow to rehabilitate assets with expired design life’s and plan for a future runway resurfacing project. We are constantly designing and planning our works around critical assets and engaging with different key stakeholders in order to deliver Heathrow value for money.
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Construction ManagerLondon, Londres, Reino Unido Indefinido Ingeniería Publicado el 29 de septiembre, 2021
Quantity SurveyorLondres, Reino Unido Indefinido Ingeniería Publicado el 29 de septiembre, 2021
Graduate Mechanical EngineerLondon, Londres, Reino Unido Indefinido Ingeniería Publicado el 29 de septiembre, 2021
Graduate Quantity SurveyorLondon, Londres, Reino Unido Indefinido Ingeniería Publicado el 29 de septiembre, 2021
Crear alerta de empleo personalizada
Recibe emails con ofertas que cumplan tus preferencias
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo
Crear alerta personalizada
Los campos marcados con un asterisco son obligatorios *
Te hemos enviado un correo electrónico de confirmaciónFinalizar
Algo ha ido mal. Inténtalo más tarde.Inténtalo otra vez