Smart Meter Dual Fuel Engineer – North West Ref: AM01688
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
Smart Meter Duel Fuel Engineer
Earn over £40,000* + benefits
You could earn evenmore working weekends. This is based on a 45 hour week, 4 DF jobs a day. *Weighting allowance depending on location.
Amey Smart Metering
We help families and businesses manage their energy better by providing them with essential tools and knowledge to help save them money and minimise waste.
This involves installing thousands of smart meters every year; working with major energy suppliers to support their ambitious plans; and having a 24/7 Customer Response team on hand to help – whatever the time of day. Clients we work with include EDF Energy, NPower & Scottish Power.
Working for Amey
• You will be installing gas and electric smart meters in line with industry standards and SMICOP requirements.
• Part of the role will involve explaining the benefits and energy efficiency savings of the smart meters to our clients’ customers.
• Work will be pre-planned and electronically scheduled using a touch pad system. You will be aiming to complete 4 dual fuel meter installations per day.
• All Meter Operatives will be provided with a fully stocked Van, Fuel Card, PPE, Phone, Enhanced Toolkit and Hand-Held Unit.
– CA postcodes Carlisle
– CH postcodes Chester
– LL postcodes Llandudno
– SY Postcodes Shrewsbury
– CW – Postcodes Crewe
What are we looking for?
– Minimum Qualifications: CCN1/CMA1 and MET1 or Level 2 Smart Meter Diploma
– You must hold a full UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
– You must have held a previous MOCOPA authorisation
– You must have an NSAP registration
– Ability to pass a DBS Check and Drugs/Alcohol testing
– You must have experience fitting dual fuel smart meters
What makes this role unique?
Working with us is always exciting and rewarding. Playing your part in delivering great service to our customers’ will help you to achieve your goals with us. We’ll give you the chance to shine, whether that’s contributing to some of the most exciting projects in the country, learning new skills or just working with a great group of people every day. You can make a real difference to your career and the lives of the communities you work in.
Growing your career
Joining our team is the first step in growing your career with us. We encourage talent and help you identify and achieve your goals. We’ll then give you everything you need to succeed– whatever stage your career is. This is our ‘People Promise’ – we create the right environment for your personal and professional growth, and help you achieve it.
Excellent benefits (https://www.amey.co.uk/your-career/working-with-us/benefits/)
Amey can offer significant stability, we have a large portfolio of clients, and all our metering operatives are full time permanent members of staff (not fixed term)
• £Comp Salary
• Bonus of £12.50 per meter for each over the 30 per week
• Standby £30 per night
• Overtime up to £17 per hour
• 22 Days Holiday, Bank Holidays, Option to buy more
• Typical working week 40 hours
• Van, Fuel Card, PPE, Phone, Enhanced Toolkit and Hand-Held Unit all provided
• Additional flexible benefits such as, pension, childcare vouchers, travel insurance and discounted retail vouchers
Get in touch www.amey.co.uk/careers
Publicada el 30-09-2019
Área funcional: Ingeniería
Yorkshire, Noroeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent