Snr Geotechnical Engineer Ref: AM07134
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Lead or fulfil a managing role within a design team to ensure: technically sound design solutions are produced, including all associated reporting, ensuring compliance with all relevant standards (particularly Eurocode 7); delivery of projects to programme, within budget and to the quality required; and guidance is provided for less experienced staff and professional development and training is actively pursued.
What will this role involve?
- Develop designs in accordance with the Client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Scope, plan and manage effective ground investigations to facilitate all project design requirements
- Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
- Represent the business stream in multi-disciplinary project teams
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, management and reporting of project resources and finances
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, outline designs and detailed designs, factual and interpretive reports, geotechnical appraisals / assessments and other technical documents as required
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Supervise team members including engineers, senior technicians and assistant/graduate engineers
What are we looking for?
BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc in a geotechnical/geological science (or Civil Engineering + Geotechnics) Preferably a Chartered Engineer (CEng, CGeol or equivalent) Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and geotechnical design software Previous experience in rail and/or highways Good experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management Broad experience in ground investigation and geotechnical design Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners, supply chain, elected representatives and the public Client focused approach to service delivery Environmental awareness Tool Box talk IOSH working safely
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that good relationships are maintained with all external and internal parties to enhance the reputation of the company and organisational business unit.
Publicada el 03-06-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Edinburgh, Escocia, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent