Snr Surveyor Ref: AM10592
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To support the surveying team across the full range of activities carried out by the profession and to provide advice and guidance to junior staff within the profession.
What will this role involve?
- Provide guidance on best methods and practice to meet technical and project requirements
- Monitor relevant technical aspects of quality plans
- Report variances and provide suggestions for corrective actions
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where, appropriate, brief surveying staff.
- Liaise with clients on technical matters
- Provide input into project quality plans
- Advise on procedural requirements Implement Company quality procedures on all projects
- Ensure compliance with Health and safety, Environmental and other appropriate regulations.
- Be responsible for surveying staff in respect of: timekeeping technical training requirements development and resourcing
- Contribute to the formulation of the monthly financial reports, both internal management accounts and external applications for payment in conjunction with principal surveyor
- Assist the principal surveyor in the Business Development process in producing information for PQQs and Tenders
What are we looking for?
- Member of the RICS Clean driving Licence Strong project management and co-ordination skills
- Able problem solving and technical realisation skills
- Proficient with AutoCAD (2004), NBS, and MS Office Suite.
- MS Project an advantage Proven track record to demonstrate skills and qualifications
- Demonstrable experience as a Surveyor with experience in Local Authority work including education and commercial projects
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience in people-management Forward thinking and interested in developing smart ways of working with teams to realise client and operational objectives
- Motivated and engaged
- Commercially aware
- Creative Well organised
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Environmental awareness Tool Box talk IOSH working safely
What makes this role unique?
You will monitor relevant technical aspects of quality plans, report variances and provide suggestions for corrective actions.
Publicada el 31-10-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Warrington, Noroeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent