Snr Systems Engineer Ref: AM10586
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake the preparation of safety critical signalling design, plans and technical details, including TSRs, ensuring compliance with all contractual and statutory requirements.
What will this role involve?
- To plan, programme and supervise the work of other staff
- When required, to undertake the roles of Activity Manager, Designer and Checker Preparation of engineering solutions, presentation of engineering options
- Preparation of feasibility studies, outline project specifications and other written documents Production of signalling layouts (mechanical, relay and solid state)
- Production of design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Production checking of team’s work prior to independent check Independent checking of non-principles design
- Site visits and correlation surveys, inspection of equipment and condition monitoring
- Undertaking design office cover during commissioning works
- Delivery of work (personal workload and that of suppliers, designers and technicians under the Job Holder’s control) to programme, budget and specification
- Establishment of and review / update of internal design standards and / or processes to achieve a continuous improvement in quality and efficiency
- Contribution to long-term technical development of the office by application of new techniques, procedures and practices
- Training and development / mentoring of junior staff within the Section Planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Technical evaluation of tenders, estimating and bid writing including negotiating with clients and identifying clarifications, unique selling point, methodologies and risks
- Ensure that design is effectively produced using the CAD system in accordance with office procedures
- Updating of designs and records
- Client and third party liaison
- Representing the company on technical matters
- Assist with marketing and business development
- To work at any position within a project team to achieve the project objectives
- To undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within the jobholder’s ability and competence
What are we looking for?
- HNC/HND or equivalent but relevant experience may be accepted in lieu
- IRSE Designer Licence
- Corporate Membership of the IRSE (desirable)
- Commercial awareness Strong, relevant experience in the design of signalling layouts, with a good knowledge of conventional technologies and the interface of processor based systems
- Successful experience in leading design teams
- A good knowledge of rail industry practice and familiarity with railway standards is essential
What makes this role unique?
You will supervise and check the progress of staff, report the results and make recommendations to the Signal Design Manager to assist in the management of professional development.
Publicada el 31-10-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Warrington, Noroeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent