Soil Technician Ref: AM09172
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Reporting ultimately to the Principal Engineering Manager to support the Senior Technicians and Laboratory Manager as part of an engineering team engaged in the delivery of commissions undertaken by Amey Consulting.
To carry out specialist sampling and testing of materials for Amey OW Limited in accordance with laboratory procedures, to UKAS standards where applicable.
What will this role involve?
- Support the Senior Technicians and other team members by contributing under limited supervision to the execution of soils and materials testing to relevant British Standards and UKAS requirements
- Contribute to compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, including the CDM Regulations
- Comply with the Integrated Management System
- Accompany more senior colleagues to meetings with the client and other project related organisations if required.
- Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts, when required
- Support and guide less experienced team members
- Execution of laboratory and site testing of soils and materials
- Sampling and logging of materials from stockpiles, trial pits and boreholes
- Able to drive and preferably with trailer licence category
- Help maintain good working relationships with the Client and other interested parties
- Inspection work, test report preparation
What are we looking for?
- HND/C in Civil Engineering/ Soils and Materials testing/ or equivalent
- Established track record of previous soils and materials testing
- Computer literate and conversant with MS office suite and relevant laboratory software packages
- Developed technical skills, permitting the completion of tasks with limited supervision
- Developed communication skills, permitting direct liaison with external and internal clients and other stakeholders under the guidance of more senior colleagues
- Developing knowledge of current and relevant health and safety legislation
- Developing knowledge of best practice methodologies relating to environmental protection and sustainable development
- Conversant with CDM 2015
Experience commensurate with the position
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Proven enthusiasm and willingness to embrace and participate in career development initiatives,
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
- Proven ability to work within a team under limited supervision with a dedicated approach to meeting project deadlines
- Must observe health, safety and welfare requirements at all times
Publicada el 08-10-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Penrith, Noroeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent