Strategic Development Manager Ref: AM08984
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To manage the identification and development of opportunities to extend the scope of works associated with the South Wales Metro. This will include working with Welsh Government, Transport for Wales, Local Authority and other stakeholders on associated transportation and community regeneration projects to develop the benefits of Metro and bring in additional work to the AmeyKeolis Infrastructure team.
What will this role involve?
- Support the Strategic Development Director in securing additional works and funding to extend the South Wales Metro and Wales and Borders Rail Services
- Maintain and develop key stakeholder contacts to maximise future business opportunities
- Support the development of new business by involvement in the Wales Key Account Management Group
- Support the development of new business by involvement in key stakeholder management, tendering and winning work
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities with other stakeholder managers to ensure effective coordination.
- Develop proposals with engineering and rail service colleagues to meet and secure opportunities
- Carry out line management duties, as required Ensure that all team members operate according to Amey principles and have a clear understanding of systems and processes Conduct weekly reviews with Activity Managers and/or project teams
- With support of commercial team, ensure that contracts are in place before work commences including client instructions, sub-contracts and purchase orders for suppliers and sub-consultants
- Approve expenditure within limits of delegated authority.
- Manage, develop, coach and motivate employees in the project team.
What are we looking for?
- Degree or equivalent qualification in suitable engineering discipline
- Membership of recognised engineering / project management institution
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS Office suite
- Knowledge of financial and contract management control systems
- Able to implement and support a customer-centric approach
- Able to think strategically and work with others to develop technical and commercial proposals
- Excellent presentation and written skills to present project proposals to a range of stakeholders
- Able to manage, develop and motivate a team
- Demonstrable experience including previous experience in a related industry sector with some experience in the management of external stakeholders
- Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets
- Understands and upholds Amey values
- Supports and contributes to continuous improvement.
Publicada el 30-09-2019
Área funcional: Compras
Cardiff, Sudoeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent