Superintendent (Valero) – Vallejo, CA Ref: USA00568
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers, to ensure compliance with safety procedures and method statements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines best approach (self-performance or subcontract) for bringing assets into contract compliance considering cost, timeliness, and efficiency. Sources and qualifies new subcontractors.
- Monitors operational and financial performance, conducts operational and financial analysis, and prepares performance information and recommendations for incorporation into the periodic reports to management.
- Serves as technical advisor to work crews.
- Works with Project Engineer to schedule work to be performed.
- Inspects in-process and completed work to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Acts as a communication link between the Project Manager and operations personnel.
- Ensures foremen are actively supervising, scheduling, and evaluating maintenance crews. Coach foremen on management techniques.
- Assists the Project Manager in the development of work plan procedures;
- Provides coordination of technical guidance on regulatory and code compliance to QC/Inspection personnel based in incumbent’s area of expertise
- Reviews and approves Material Requisitions (MR) and Purchase Orders (PO) for materials and equipment, when applicable
- Reviews Subcontractor’s inspection program and inspection reports, as applicable
- Seeks to continually improve workplace safety by attending and conducting workplace inspections, toolbox talks, hazard assessments etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of state and federal safety, environment, and EEO/DBE guidelines and regulations;
- Working skill in operating computer equipment, software programs and field inspection equipment;
- Ability to provide technical supervision and leadership to other maintenance staff;
- Read and interpret roadway, bridge, and structure plans and contract specifications
- Maintain detailed records;
- Communicate effectively with agency and contractor personnel and the general public.
- Knowledge of Rigging and Piping
Education and Experience
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent; bachelor degree preferred
- 10 years skilled trade/engineering experience
- Valid Driver’s license with good driving record (Required)
- DOT certifications (preferred), know and adhere to all DOT requirements of those holding a commercial driver’s license.
Work Conditions / Physical Demands
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Constantly positions self to maintain/use a variety of equipment
- Ascends/Descends a ladder or scaffolds frequently
- Frequently lifts equipment weighing up to 60lbs.
- Enters confined spaces.
- Perform work wearing personnel protective equipment. Including but not limited to the following: rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, Nomex coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses.
- Able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may be up to seven days a week for extended duration’s of up to 8 weeks or more.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Vallejo, California, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido