Track Project Manager Ref: AMGA00333
Work with Amey on the UK’s most exciting rail project
TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway
As a Principal Project Manager in the Transpire Alliance you will be accountable for managing the development and delivery of all packages of Permanent Way works from Manchester to Leeds that align with the selected option for each individual project along the route. You’ll integrate geographically spread multi-disciplinary Aalliance teams to take the project(s) from early GRIP 4 to delivery in line with the client requirements.
What will the role involve?
- Delivering of all projects safely to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance for Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Railway Group standards, the Transpire Alliance governance, and other specific legislation.
- Aligning the project(s) with the overall Amey business strategy and processes.
- Managing geographically spread multi-disciplinary Alliance teams including: design, environmental, consents, commercial, procurement, estimating, programme controls, engineering, survey, construction, health and safety; and others to identify and deliver solutions to meet client requirements and establish robust baseline plans.
- Leading the constructability input into the design process to ensure buildability of the project(s).
- Supporting the consents team to obtain all consents for the project(s) to meet delivery timescales including identifying opportunities to gain efficiencies via obtaining consents route wide for the portfolio.
- Confirming and validating engineering access requirements to deliver the project(s).
- Leading the production of the delivery schedule to drive requirements to align with the wider engineering access and consents strategy.
- Co-ordinating survey inputs to meet the overall project(s) delivery requirements.
- Passing the project(s) specific Stage Gates and supporting the integration of the project(s) into the portfolio Stage Gate.
- Leading development of the Target Cost proposal with the Aalliance and supply chain for the next stage delivery of the project(s).
- Identifying and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing mitigations to them, and responding to other issues that affect the project.
- Assisting the Company in discharging its Principle Contractor duties under CDM Regulations 2015 (Construction, Design and Management Regulations).
- Providing a professional, first class, consistent and effective project management service to the client, including project monitoring and reporting systems in accordance with the Transpire Alliance processes.
- Promoting continuous improvement of the project(s).
- Delivering the project(s) in line with the Common Safety Method (CSM) and Technical Specification of Interoperability (TSI) standards.
- Implementing and updating resource allocation plans needed for delivery of the project including identification and management of critical resource requirements. Securing resources needed for projects from internal and external sources.
- Identifying training needs in safety, technical and management areas for the personnel reporting to the post holder and contribute to their personal development.
- Undertaking accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.
- Establishing, and implementing, where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and updating configuration documents as required.
- Managing stakeholders and ensuring project solutions meet their needs where possible.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant successful experience in project managing the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway projects under the Governance for Rail Infrastructure Projects (GRIP). Key discipline is
- Team Leader capable of motivating the team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent commercial and financial understanding and knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of Construction Design & Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.
- Excellent knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations
- Accident investigation experience
- Relevant successful experience in project managing the delivery of track enhancement and renewal of complex rail systems projects.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Network Rail’s Project, Investment, Commercial and Procurement practices.
- Knowledge of Network Rail’s assets and how they are managed.
- Knowledge and experience of the CSM & TSI processes
- APMP qualified or equivalent with the Association for Project Management (APM) or other professional body.
- Membership (or working towards) of the APM or other professional body.
- PTS and ICI
At Amey, we are committed to creating better places to live, work and travel.
We make a difference every day for millions of people across the UK – and that’s thanks to the passion and drive of our team. Our success is your success so we’re as ambitious for our team as we are for our business.
Joining our team is the first step in growing your career with us. We encourage talent and help you identify and achieve your goals. We’ll then give you everything you need to succeed– whatever stage your career is.
This is our ‘People Promise’ – we create the right environment for your personal and professional growth and help you achieve it.
That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, and it’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices, which offers a range of flexible benefit options and additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Publicada el 08-05-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Tipo de contrato: Permanent