Training & Development Manager – UK Ref: FC00649
Ferrovial Agroman is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group, the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15 countries, with over 60 years’ experience since it was founded.
Ferrovial Agroman delivers value-driven, complex multi-displinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy.
We have an established presence in the UK and Ireland with the support of our global resource pool.
Ferrovial is a world-leading provider of infrastructure services delivering end to end capabilities over the entire asset lifecycle. This provides our diverse range of clients with a positive legacy through our integrated approach, ensuring consistently high standards of excellence in delivery. Value creation is at the heart of everything we do.
Duties will include:
• Collating detailed information regarding learning needs requirements from database system
• Identifying the number of courses, services, materials etc required and producing financial budgets.
• Working within budgetary parameters you will identify courses etc that best meet the training and development needs.
• Negotiating with the providers to secure best value.
• Communicating course details to the individuals
• Working to ensure courses etc are fully attended
• Ensuring training records are regularly updated on the system
• Utilising feedback from participants work with training providers to improve courses
• Work with site and functional management to ensure that programmes are put in place so that training will be immediately reinforced when the individual returns to a project/department from a training course etc
• Working closely with the ICE Supervisor ensure that the development and training programme for the graduate civil engineers continually receives excellent feedback whilst also ensuring financial budgets are not exceeded
• Regularly updating HR database
• Ensuring all financial rebates are accurately claimed from the training board
• Ensuring the efficient organization and running of the graduate development programme
• Liasing with other organisations within the Group to maximize potential opportunities within training and development
• Providing detailed feedback to demonstrate to senior management with hard facts and financial information that the investment in training is has significant demonstrable payback
• Work with other managers to ensure that programmes concerning innovation are well publicized and supported
• Provide assistance as and when required to Human Resources for instance with grievance and disciplinary investigations
• Provide timely information to Group Head Office regarding training statistics and initiatives
• Ensure all staff receive training appraisals in accordance with company policy
• Work closely with team members to ensure maximum grants are recuperated.
• To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
• The ability to inspire the confidence of the HR Director and other senior managers through timely delivery of information and plans.
• Strong working knowledge of employment law as it refers to training and development and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach
• Familiar with best practice training and development processes and experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
• Commercial acumen – has a good overall understanding of company finances
• Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach
• Effectively plans ahead to anticipate problems, plans for worst-case and best-case scenarios
• Makes sensible, intelligent decisions in difficult and deadline driven situations
• Excellent attention to detail
• CIPD qualified
• Demonstrate a track record of delivering high client satisfaction in training and development
• Always be looking for continuous improvement
• Possess excellent people management skills
• Be able to work with initiative
• Be an excellent team players
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Recursos Humanos
Londres, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido