Environmentalist- Air Quality Specialist Ref: AM07163
Amey Consulting has an opportunity for an Air Quality Consultant to join our expanding Environment & Sustainability team to work on and lead a variety of exciting projects. This includes high profile, strategic linear infrastructure projects, with a particular focus on highways, rail and development sectors. Our expanding portfolio includes commissions with Transport Scotland, Transport Northern Ireland, Highways England, Local Government and private sector clients.
You will be based in either our Edinburgh, Glasgow or York office with occasional trips to work with colleagues in the other Amey offices across the UK as required. You will be part of a wider group in the UK of some 80 environmental specialists which make the Amey Environment and Sustainability Team.
You will be an ambitious environmental professional and unlike other consultancies, you will be given the support and freedom to play a key role in the development of our evolving air quality team. You will be provided with autonomy and support to assume leadership on projects, develop client relationships, and to identify business development opportunities. This is an opportunity to join a highly motivated, ambitious and rapidly expanding team with the support to develop your technical expertise as you deliver genuinely interesting and challenging projects.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of UK air quality legislation, policy and guidance (LAQM.TG16, IAQM Guidance etc);
- Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads Bridges (DMRB) and the impact appraisal process;
- Knowledge of air quality modelling software package such as ADMS-Roads, AERMOD etc;
- Interpretation of air quality monitoring data;
- GIS software; QGIS, ArcGIS etc.;
- High level of proficiency in using Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to write high quality, thorough and structured reports;
- Preparation of scope of works and fee proposals; and
- Ability to work independently, prioritise and adapt to meet tight delivery deadlines.
- A minimum 2/3-years of air quality and environmental consultancy experience;
- Demonstrable experience in liaising with designers and transport planners on infrastructure projects, particularly within the road and rail transport sectors;
- Delivering air quality assessments to inform optimum design, and assess and mitigate impacts;
- Draft of air quality reports to support the design and management processes, accompany planning applications and inform Environment Assessments; and
- Financial accountability for projects and delivery within budget and programme plus wider contribution to financial performance for the Amey Environment and Sustainability Team.
- Highly motivated and committed to project delivery and personal development;
- Ability to think in an independent, innovative and entrepreneurial manner;
- Excellent written skills, with good attention to detail;
- Good team player with excellent time management skills; and
- Positive, focussed and realistic under pressure.
- Degree and/or masters in environmental or air quality related topic; and
- Member of Institute of Air Quality Management; Institution of Environmental Sciences, Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (or equivalent).
Publicada el 03-01-2020
Área funcional: Consultoría
Belfast, Escocia, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent