Ferrovial Construcción UK
Publicado el 7 de octubre, 2021
Londres, Reino Unido
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd currently have 6 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
Ferrovial Construction has been working at Heathrow Airport for over 10 years delivering some of the most complex infrastructure projects to high quality, safety and environmental standards.
Since joining Heathrow’s framework in 2014, Ferrovial Construction has delivered a variety of airside and landside projects across the whole airport. For example, we have delivered new taxiways and rehabilitated existing taxiways and the southern runway. We have also redeveloped sterile and grass areas and replaced critical assets, such as fire main, fuel main and HV ducts. We are currently working alongside Heathrow to rehabilitate assets with expired design life’s and plan for a future runway resurfacing project.
We are constantly designing and planning our works around critical assets and engaging with different key stakeholders in order to deliver Heathrow value for money.
The QS will be responsible for the management of subcontract packages on airfield projects (approximate combined value up to £30m) at Heathrow in order to achieve required project delivery to the customers’ objectives, while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control.
They will deliver multiple on-going projects to the specified quality and maximum commercial performance in accordance with the required programme.
The post-holder will work closely with the Commercial Manager, engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
• Advise managers on how to achieve best monetary value for proposals and procurement options
• To manage both subcontracted and self-delivery packages (this includes forecasting day work labour and plant)
• Responsible for the commercial relationships with subcontractors and to balance the delivery of quality services with achieving the best value for the business
• To focus on cost control and budgeting procedures in line with the business financial systems
• Good communication skills to ensure effective integration with all aspects of projects and collaboration with project management teams.
• To liaise with the procurement and accounts teams as required to ensure compliance with financial parameters
• Produce and monitor Applications / Final Accounts
• Check agreed sub-contract Applications / Accounts
• Change / Contract Management with subcontractors and with the Client
• Early Warning Procedures
• Compensation Events and processes
• Identifying design risk as an internal change or as a Client Change item
• To coach and advise Assistant Quantity Surveyors in order to develop their skill set
• To promote company values in all dealing with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
• To monitor and assess staff capability and performance
Skills & experience
• Degree in Quantity Surveying
• Quantity Surveying experience in managing both subcontracted and self-delivery packages in civil engineering and/or utilities
• Working knowledge of NEC forms of contract
• Awareness or working knowledge of various NEC contract amendments, particularly with the use of X clauses, Z clauses, Insurances & Warranties
• Knowledge of contract structure and law
• Experience of contract management
• Procurement (subcontract) experience
• Estimation – Ability to draft Bills of quantities & interpret subcontract BoQs.
• Knowledge of programme management
• Experience of managing a supply chain and subcontractors
• Experience of working in a cost-conscious environment
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
• Airport experience/ critical areas experience
• Experience of working in an international organization
• Experience in stakeholder’s management (Key stakeholders apart from client)
• Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors MIRCS
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Graduate Mechanical EngineerLondon, Londres, Reino Unido Indefinido Ingeniería Publicado el 7 de octubre, 2021
Graduate Quantity SurveyorLondon, Londres, Reino Unido Indefinido Ingeniería Publicado el 7 de octubre, 2021
Technical Manager, UKReino Unido Indefinido Ingeniería Publicado el 7 de octubre, 2021
Civil Engineer GraduateLondon, Londres, Reino Unido Indefinido Ingeniería Publicado el 7 de octubre, 2021
Crear alerta de empleo personalizada
Recibe emails con ofertas que cumplan tus preferencias
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo
Crear alerta personalizada
Los campos marcados con un asterisco son obligatorios *
Te hemos enviado un correo electrónico de confirmaciónFinalizar
Algo ha ido mal. Inténtalo más tarde.Inténtalo otra vez