Quantity Surveyor Ref: FC00551
Ferrovial Agroman is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group, the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15 countries, with over 60 years’ experience since it was founded.
Ferrovial Agroman delivers value-driven, complex multi-displinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy.
We have an established presence in the UK and Ireland with the support of our global resource pool.
Ferrovial is a world-leading provider of infrastructure services delivering end to end capabilities over the entire asset lifecycle. This provides our diverse range of clients with a positive legacy through our integrated approach, ensuring consistently high standards of excellence in delivery. Value creation is at the heart of everything we do.
Duties will include:
-To provide advice and guidance to managers on achieving value for money
– Responsible for the commercial relationships with subcontractors balancing the delivery of quality services with achieving best value for the business
– To be absolutely focused on cost control in all aspects of activity in line with the business financial systems
– To ensure effective integration with all aspects of projects and collaboration with project management teams to establish good communications
– To liaise with the procurement teams as required to ensure compliance with financial parameters
– Produce and monitor Applications/Final Accounts
– Check agreed sub-contract Applications/Accounts
– To coach and advise Assistant Quantity Surveyors to aid the development of skills in the business
– To promote company values in all dealing with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
– To monitor and assess staff capability and performance
– To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
-Degree in Quantity Surveying
-Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
-Significant experience in a Quantity Surveying role
-Working knowledge of NEC forms of contract
-Knowledge of contract structure and law
-Experience of contract management
-Procurement (sub contract) experience
-Knowledge of programme management
-Experience of managing a supply chain and subcontractors
-Experience of working in a cost conscious environment
-Excellent communication skills and ability to interact
Publicada el 22-02-2019
Área funcional: Ingeniería
Londres, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido