Risk Manager Ref: AM10760
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Working on projects within the Transpire Alliance, the project risk manager will deliver qualitative and quantitative risk analysis work to a number of projects. The role has a high degree of autonomy and you will be expected to organise your own workload to deliver the requirements of each project and the wider Alliance. Key to this role is skill and experience in the delivery of project quantitative risk analysis.
What will this role involve?
- Contribute to the development and update of the Project Risk Management plan
- Deliver project risk management services for the projects to which you are assigned, including:
- Regular risk register reviews, prioritisation of uncertainty and risk for mitigation, recommendation of beneficial responses to risks
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (Schedule and Cost) to: determine the contingency level in line with risk appetite; establish the confidence with which the project will remain within authorised timescales and budgets; enable project risk prioritisation and best course of mitigation; and to enable decision making about the way forward
- Reporting the output of your reviews and analyses to the Alliance Management Team, including:
- Risk register quality metrics
- Risk exposure vs contingency
- Confidence levels of remaining within budget
- Recommendations on the priority courses of action for the project team to take to reduce overall uncertainty and/or maintain the project cost within authorised budget
What are we looking for?
- Good communication skills with an ability to translate complex data into useful information
- Knowledge and experience of using enterprise risk management systems such as Active Risk Manager
- Advanced risk modelling skills including the development of project risk models in Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis and @RISK
- Strong experience of facilitation of project risk management processes
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in a numeric discipline
- Knowledge of commercial contracts and payment mechanisms and how they might affect the potential project risk profile
- Managing your activities and work within agreed timescales in a challenging, delivery-focussed environment
- UK Rail Sector experience
- Other project controls disciplines e.g. planning, estimating, etc and/or project management
- Understanding of business case development and rail sector funding arrangements
- Risk Management qualification
Publicada el 23-09-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Manchester, Noroeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent